Liam

The next day on a cloudy Monday morning, Liam sat alone under the breeches. He sagged deeply against the wall as he took a deep puff of his cigarette.

His mother would've killed him if she knew he smoked but what else could he do for just some relief from the stress? Though he wasn't exactly 18 yet, it didn't stop him.

Just as he started to relax, the sounds of footsteps made him groan. "Hey man, haven't seen you in awhile."

Liam looked up as saw his best friend.
Well, his ex best friend. "What do you want Mark? Didn't your Daddy tell you to stay away from me? Since I'm such a screw up?"

Mark raked a hand through his hair, his face full with frustration. "Liam.. you know why I had to. If I didn't then I -"

Liam slammed his hand on the surface, shutting Mark up with a bang. Puffing wildly on his cigarette, he stood up and stormed off. Mark only watched with regret as his lost friend left him once again...

Liam walked non stop, having jumped the school's fence and walked way past his neighborhood. He shook his head as his thoughts drifted back to Mark.

He had to... What a load of bullshit.
Liam had enough of this the town and all of the crap he had to go through.

It was then in deep thought, that he had felt as if a hand cupped his own and a soft whisper floated to his ear.

"I'm sorry.. I know what that feels like.."

Liam stopped in his tracks,the feeling stunning him like a forgotten memory.  He looked around him, hoping to see who it was.

"Over here.. it would be a shame if you miss me again."

He whirled and locked on the person who spoke to him. A girl stood a few metres away from him, dressed in a long summer dress. She had long hair that covered most of her face. Extremely pale, almost see through.

"Hello? I'm sorry but did you-?"

Liam stopped as she extended her hand, like she wanted him to follow her. But he only watched as she started moving.

She floated,like she was a leaf in the wind. Her hair moving over her like a cloak, covering her face. As she moved up the road,Liam started to walk.

He was sure to keep a distance, since he was convinced that he was either Hallucinating or it was something worse.

It was almost half an hour's walk which led Liam outside of his town and into a forested area. The girl, whatever she was, didn't stop when she disappeared into the trees.

She did however motioned for him before disappearing again to move into the thickness. Liam was understandably terrified of the whole idea.

He stood a good few moments, weighing his options. Should I follow my likely brain tumor induced hallucination?

He looked back to the road he had walked and then into the forest. As he took a deep breath,he decided to take a leap of faith.

And follow the girl into the dark of the trees...