𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗚𝗘 // 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗢𝗡

𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗧𝗟𝗬𝗡𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

It's been a good year since I've been back in Hawkins. I wanted to finish my freshman year in college before I gave myself a break.

I'm currently in a taxi, getting driven to Steve's house from the airport. I'm surprising him and the group today.

Robin told me that Steve took off today and that he's planning on having Dustin, Mike, Will, Sinclair, and Max over.

Robin and I started getting along through calls since she never went to our school. She moved to Hawkins last year, right after I left. Steve thought I and Robin wouldn't get along but we did. We're close.

"Thank you so much," I said as I got out of the car and gave the taxi some money. As the taxi drove off, I took a deep breath, happy to see them all again. Their bikes are on the front lawn. They're all here.

I walked up to Steve's house and placed my bags ok the floor because if Sinclair sees me, he's going to jump on me.

I knocked on Steve's door and covered the keyhole so that whoever opens the door, can't look out.

"Who is it?" I heard Steve ask but I kept quiet. "God, who is-" Steve went to say as he opened the door, clearly angry at me for not answering but his jaw dropped when he saw me.

"Scotlyn?" Steve said, in shock as I smiled at him. "Harrington," I said. "Oh my god!" Steve shouted as he lunged at me and held me tightly.

"Jesus, Scotlyn! I thought you were Billy or something" Steve joked as he pulled away. "He's a lot like that?" I asked.

"Kind of. He's gotten better though. Way better" Steve said. If he's saying that about Billy, that means Billy's doing something right.

"The kids are going to be thrilled," Steve said. "Oh my god, Scotlyn, I'm just..." Steve said as he grabbed my waist softly and pulled me close to him. "So happy to see you," Steve said, looking down at me.

I feel a little tension in the air but maybe he's just very excited to see me. After all, it's been a year and I'm his best friend. Being away from your best friend is a lot.

"I'm happy to see you too, Steve, now let's surprise the kids," I said. He silently kept looking into my eyes until he pulled away and grabbed my bad.

"You go while I put these in the guest room," Steve said. I slowly made my way to the basement stairs, hearing them from downstairs like always. They're always loud.

I slowly walked down the stairs and opened the door, watching them shout and argue about the board game they were playing.

"Scotlyn!" Sinclair was the first to see me. He got up from his chair and ran over to me. I called it. He jumped on me but I was slightly strong enough to carry him.

Everyone else came over to me and hugged me, telling me how much they'd missed me. Of course, I told them I missed them too.

"Steve must have been so excited to see you," Dustin said. Mike slapped the back of Dustin's head, basically a way to tell him to shut up.

"What are you guys hiding?" I asked. "Nothing!" They all said then sped back over to the table to continue the board game.

I was about to say something until I felt an arm wrap around my waist. "Movie time or what?" Steve asked, standing next to me wrapping his arm around my waist.

He's very touchy but that could be because I haven't seen him in a year.

The kids took a quick look at Steve's hand around Scotlyns waist then laughed as they made their way upstairs.