Chapter 6: To Arms

The meaning of the elven phrase is:" I will not let you enter the halls of Mandos without me"

"Aban Mandos baranda cava hek nin vantiae, Ahinora..."whispered he, eyes glowing with hot gratitude, that she woke up and the melodic way he pronounced the foreign words made her bowels twitch in excitement. "Praised be Eru that you are awake!" he let go of her hand and leaned on his elbow, his face hovering so close to hers she could feel his warm breath and the captivating smell of rainy forest, herbs and night breeze he emanated.

"Have they hurt you... anywhere else?" inquired he and slid his concerned gaze down her body, snuggled in his bed. She shook her head, unable to take her eyes off him.

"You came for me..." murmured she.

"I did. Were you trying to leave?" demanded he, a note of suspicion darkening his voice.

"No. Never."

Without realizing what she was doing, still feeling dizzy from the brutal hit on the head and the blood loss, she reached out and touched his face. Her fleeting fingers rested for a moment on his brow, then followed his cheekbone down to his lips. She was fascinated by the faint smile that curled them and sighed as he leaned closer and kissed her. This was no kiss of possession, no celebration of his power over her or his craving for her flesh. It was a token of gratitude that she was still there, next to him, breathing and kissing him back. He delicately parted her lips, his tongue inquiring how much she can take, his arms cautiously supporting his weight on both sides of her, watching that he won't crush her. She slid her hands under his tunic, feeling his cool pale skin and the ripple of the leashed force underneath it and was rewarded for her courage with a deeper kiss. She moaned, fighting for breath like every time he kissed her but pulled him closer. Raven black hair brushed her bare shoulders and she gasped as she felt the hardness between his lean legs.

Eöl's tall frame was heavy with lust. Wearing only a light tunic he was able to sense the heat of her naked body underneath the covers. His muscles started trembling in his efforts to keep himself in check - she was so hurt, he wanted to give her time to heal before he unleashes his desires again. She was pressing herself against him, seeking more of him, daring him with her fingers circling his chest, her sensual lips biting his, the peeks of her breasts rubbing against him.

Oh how close was he to pull this wretched cover away, to let his eyes feast on the brittle beauty of her body, to satisfy his perverse hunger to touch her everywhere, to fill his greedy hands with her white flesh, to knead her lavish breasts with the same dark desire the orc did and to take her, indulge himself in her hot moist tightness without taking his eyes off hers, ravishing her very soul. She was watching him, challenging him, the right corner of her lush lips turned upwards in half smile. Her body was writhing underneath his, trying to wrap herself around him. It was a maddening feeling - he was aching for release and seeing that she wants it too brought him very close to setting off.

He clenched his jaw and disciplined himself, her horrible injuries still on his mind, and pulled away, so that he can observe her face. A small caress along her cheekbone, a few ancient words and a tiny flickering of his powers and she was fast asleep in his hands. Beholding her features so relaxed and innocent awakened different feelings in him. Softly stroking her face and whispering in Telerin he swore to her never to let her get in the way of danger again, to protect her at any cost.

For the rest of the night he held her close, listening to the hasty beat of her little mortal heart, and pondering about the obscure allure of the impermanence -would Arda be so beautiful if eternal spring dominated all the forests, would his favourite song be so enticing if it was just a repetition of its most perfect moments? Could it be that the realization of the impending end makes the living much more intense and fascinating?