Chapter 4: Guilt-ridden

Blackbeard caught his sword and both pirates ran toward eachother. They jumped high in the air as they both locked swords. The two of them moved backwards and forwards repeatedly crashing their swords together. Suddenly Stede managed to get Blackbeard off his guard as he ran toward him and tripped him making him think he was going to stab him. Suddenly as Blackbeard tripped over Stede pushed him toward the wall of the cabin and pinned him there with his arm and the sword to his neck. Suddenly Blackbeard started to breath heavy and calm down almost like time had stopped, his fare skin turning a pale pink. 

"Ed..Please let me explain." Stede asked.

Blackbeard remained quiet. 

"Ed, i am so so sorry for leaving you alone at the docks. I did get woken up but..by someone else." Stede explained, Blackbeard's face looked confused.

"It was Chauncey Badminton..He, tried to kill me, he took me to the forest and tried to shoot me..he told me that-" Stede got cut off.

"YOU LEFT ME!" Blackbeard snapped. "YOU FUCKING LEFT ME"

"Ed, please i-" Stede didn't have time to finish.

Suddenly Blackbeard grabbed him by the neck and threw him backward. The talented pirate then spun around kicking Stede to the floor and putting a sword to his chest.

"you left me, there is no excuse. You betrayed me..you went back to her, you never liked me, i never made you happy. She did.." Blackbeard yelled.

Suddenly the world slowed down as these words entered Stede's ears. Stede frose and his sword slowly lowered from blackbeard's neck, his hand fell from the wall.Stede started to feel light headed and felt more tears start to pour his of his eyes, he felt his legs start to cave in beneath him as he slowly fell onto his knees staring off into space.

"You never made me happy." 

Stede started to shake and could no longer move at all. "Captain snap out of it!" Roach yelled "Come on Captain, he doesn't mean it!" Frenchie broke away from fang and yelled out to the Gentleman Pirate. Stede could hear them, he didn't want to listen. He has put the great Blackbeard to ruin he thought. He cried, he began to feel his throat closing up and his lungs becoming tight, he was shaking, unable to move. Suddenly...Stede let out the most heartbreaking scream that his crew had ever heard. He fell completely to the ground now and began sobbing, tears filling the cracks between the wooden floors. His eyes became dark and his expression almost fading away into a face, body and mind filled with emptiness. Suddenly Blackbeard approached Stede as he wiped away a single tear off off his cheek. Blackbeard's eyes were no longer filled with anger, rage and revenge but now were filled with guilt and depression. Despite Blackbeard's mind yelling at him otherwise he took a look at Izzy and remembered the words he told him before he went back to being the aggressive all mighty pirate Blackbeard.

Blackbeard turned back and looked down at Stede who was now emotionless looking back up at him. The crew of the revenge layed silent as they watched for what was coming next, Black Pete still covering his teary sorrow filled eyes. Stede began to speak in an emotional state almost sounding like a robot. "Ed..Before you decide to kill me..Please just let me explain" Stede said softly. Blackbeard didn't move and just continued to stare down to the Gentleman Pirate. 

"I'm sorry..I am so sorry for what i have done..I have ruined you." Stede began. 

"I single handedly brought the amazing Blackbeard to his worst. I Stede Bonnet am sincerely sorry". 

"By being a coward, by not taking the consequences of my actions, i had ridden you of your piracy." 

Stede stopped, crying. He tried to continue but, he..he couldn't. Suddenly Stede looked up at Blackbeard to see him crying his eyes out, he thought for a second that he had finally gotten his Ed back. There was a moment of silence until.

Everyone gasped.

"CAPTAIN!!"