𝐔𝐍𝐄|𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄

[𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄]

[𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄]

February 3rd,1912~

THE SUN SHONE down upon the quaint village of small Heath that warm,crisp summers morning.

Hollow light bounced off each pave stone,creating a sort of heavenly glow upon the scurrying feet of passing teenagers as they rushed in and out of small heaths only secondary school.

It was a worn old building. Small cracks stood out against the crisp red stone,doing nothing but add to the ancient ambience. A spiral of tulips and chrysanthemums stood out against each dull wall;crawling and squeezing their vines between gaps of cement,and the windows were laden with cobwebs and jagged edges which appeared to have been pelted with rocks. The roof looked as if it had been subject to severe weather,grey slates sat- slanted and in disarray.

But despite its rather shabby exterior,it held a sort of warm,homely feeling to it,the small field of wheat in which it rested,surrounded by sets of copper gates somewhat added to the atmosphere alongside the neighbouring primary stood a mere foot away.

The small,toddler-sized canary tricycles stood against a far wall surrounded by rows of dandelions were rusting slightly,rattling as a small gust of wind hit them from the left.

Evelyn yorke blew out a relieved breath of fresh,duey air as the set of heavy oak doors creaked to a close and silence issued itself across the miniature field.

Strands of grass swayed in the subtle wind as it blew warmly across the girl's faire skin,small strands of her shoulder-length copper hair fluttering across her curled lashes from the light,up-do she'd adorned as she lifted a freshly unpacked cigarette to her plumpened lips.

Twirls of grey smoke surrounded her, calming her jittering nerves in an instant. Her long lashes fluttered to a close and she sighed,resting the blouse-laden base of her back against the rough brick.

If it wasn't for the sudden stomp of rowdy footsteps echoing across the pavement to her left,Evelyn could've sworn she'd have passed out from pure exhaustion. Lines of sweat dripped across her gaped blouse,making a small puddle darken the collar of it from its original oatmeal colour to a fine,titanium grey,adding the trail of noir mascara that left a pin-like line from the base of her rounded eyes.

Evie's moss green eyes snapped up to lay upon a boy who appeared to be around her age as he stumbled noisily from a small,dried-out rose bush and onto the pavement at her feet.

She yelped in alarment,stepping back as if to protect herself from this unknown boy who simply straightened his posture and lifted the peak of his cap from his forehead.