𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐒|𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒

[TROUBLED MINDS]

[TROUBLED MINDS]

February 21st,1912~

EVELYN YORKE WAS what most would describe- utterly captivated the moment she set eyes on Thomas Shelby.

For a moment she'd presumed that the man was some sort of godly hallucination. That his sheer beauty couldn't simply have been real.

It was impossible right? For a man that beautiful to quite simply appear.

Like Jesus.

Or an Angel.

Through the thick smog that was small Heath.

Yes. She was going crazy. She was sure of it.

But there he'd stood,hands pulled into the tightly woven pockets of his hickory trousers-hoisted only by the cherry red suspenders pressed into the steel grey shirt sitting on the muscles of his shoulders (although Evelyn was sure that shirt hadn't been grey originally by the slightly patchy finish).He wore a peaked cap just as John and Arthur did,and his brogues were scuffed and torn.

Yet he pulled it off. And he pulled it off well.

The next two weeks drew by extremely slowly . Evelyn didn't get on very well with any of the students in her classes and all John had done since the day they'd met was tease her about her so called 'crush' on his brother.

Now Evelyn couldn't deny her attraction towards Tommy yet she wouldn't call it a crush. He was quite a few years older than her and had half the town's women bowing at his feet as it was. Why would a girl such as she catch his eye when he had a farer selection of women his own age anyway?

It had been 2 weeks and 4 days exactly since she'd moved from France to Small Heath,and although she enjoyed John's company,she couldn't help but feel homesick.

Food was far tastier in France- she missed the rich burn that the neighbouring farms wine had upon the softness of her throat. The mouthwatering taste of fresh bread from Mr coulsons bakery. Even Mrs Monet's vile snail treats that she'd pepper and swallow whole.

And the early morning sounds of mallards splashing in puddles at the side of dirt tracks created by wooden pull along horses the Parisian children tugged across the streets.

Everything was completely different in Birmingham. It was rare to come across a rich wine no matter how far you travelled,and bread lacked that same freshness that made up half her midday snacks in back home.