15 | Caught

Cw: Hostage-holding, guns, torture (nothing graphic, no gore)

Komaeda pressed his ear to the door, trying to listen to Kamukura and Hinata talking outside. Kamukura hadn't opened the door the entire day, so the white-haired boy felt lonely. Suddenly, the door opened and Komaeda fell over, bumping against Kamukura.

"Woah!" He yelped.

"Were you trying to escape?"

"I was exploring, really..." He told him.

"Exploring. Why?" Kamukura asked.

"I, uhm, wanted to talk to you." Komaeda smiled at him.

"About what?"

"You know... stuff," He had no idea what he was talking about.

"I don't know, actually. What kind of stuff?"

"Uh... is anyone trying to find us?"

"No."

Komaeda looked over at Hinata, who was frowning. "But what about Hinata-kun's parents? And... I mean, the whole school saw you abduct us,"

"Perhaps they are working on the case, but they will not find you,"

"I stink, also. I need to shower and so does Hinata-kun. My hair's all messed up because I don't have a hairbrush. Can't you at least fulfill our basic needs? Last time I was kidnapped, it was in a very luxurious basement, not this rundown pridon-looking place,"

"Quit complaining, you don't need to shower." He reached out to Komaeda and pulled the hairpins out of his hair. "And don't try to pick the lock a fourth time. There's cameras all over the place, you know?"

"I... I do need to shower, you-"

Kamukura pulled out a remote and pressed a button on it. Suddenly, a bucket of ice cold water was emptied over Komaeda's head.

"There. All better now,"

"You sadistic asshole!" Hinata yelled, struggling with the ropes. "Why the hell did you feel the need to do that?!"

He pressed another button on the remote and Hinata screamed out as electricity coursed through his body.

"You didn't even notice that I swapped out the regular chair with an electric chair while you were sleeping last night,"

Komaeda grabbed Kamukura's hair and pulled hard. The other man didn't even move.

"You cannot hurt me, Komaeda. No average human can." He raised his hand and electric power began buzzing between his fingers.

"Huh? How come you can use your powers but Hinata-kun can't?!" Komaeda asked, eyes widening.

"Because unlike Hinata, my powers weren't gifted to me by some magic animal." He ripped a light switch off the wall and grabbed onto the cords. They buzzed and sparks began to fly, but Kamukura didn't flinch. "I am the result of a human experiment."

"Wh-what?"

"Enoshima was the one who experimented on me. The things I'm doing to you don't even come close to the torture I had to endure,"

"That doesn't justify anything!" Hinata shouted. "Just because she did something bad, doesn't mean you can just- Argh!" He screamed out again when Kamukura pressed the button. Komaeda ran towards Hinata.

"Hinata-kun! Are you okay? Why aren't you moving?!" He frantically yelled. "Please be okay, please be okay!"

Kamukura grabbed Komaeda by his hair and pulled him away from Hinata. Tears rolled down Komaeda's face.

"S-stop it already! I-I'm doing everything I can, just let us go! I-I tried to be nice to you, I tried to be mean to you, I-I tried everything! Let me go already! I just want to go home!" He sobbed. "A-and please... stop hurting Hinata-kun..."

"Enoshima made me this way,"

"No, she didn't!" Komaeda yelled. "I don't give a damn what she did to you, you're choosing to act like this! Take responsibility for your own actions!" He demanded. "I don't wanna entertain you and I don't wanna be here! You don't have the right to do this, you don't have the right to choose other people's fates!"

"You don't know what I've been through, Komaeda. Don't talk about me like you do,"

"I-I've been through scary things too! A lot of people go through horrible stuff, but they don't kidnap people about it!"

"Well, I do. Now, would you please go back to your room?"

"No! I don't wan-"

Sirens could be heard from outside.

"You're cornered, Kamukura!" An officer yelled through a megaphone. "Come out with your hands up!"

Kamukura grabbed Komaeda and pulled him close. Then, he held a gun to his head.

"If any of you enter this building, I will shoot both of them!" Kamukura shouted back.

"Komaeda-san, please tell us what's going on in there!" The officer shouted.

"Hinata-kun's passed out! Kamukura is holding a-a gun to my head!" He told them.

"Kamukura, is there something you want in return?" The officer asked.

"In return?" He questioned.

"If you come out now, I'll... put in a good word for you with the judge,"

"I don't care."

Komaeda sniffled and whiped his tears. "P-please... please let me go... please..."

All of a sudden, the lights went out. "The officers must have done this. None of the electricity works anymore. What a shame," Kamukura said.

Then... could Hinata use his powers again? The room was able to nullify superpowers, but if the power was out... would it work?

Komaeda internally prayed to any God that might be out there to wake Hinata up. Finally, finally he got his good luck for all the bad things that had happened recently.

Hinata woke up.