Chapter 1

Jake's POV
Things happen for all kinds of reason's this is my story of how things unfolded and how I met the love of my life.

Chapter 1

A lot of things can happen in your life some good, other times bad things can happen it all started when Sophie Adams 34 married Mark Donfort. They had a little boy Jake he was 3 years old, Sophie loved her son dearly and would do anything for him. Unlike her husband who didn't pay much attention too him. He was always too busy doing things in his own life that he enjoyed doing. Sophie and Mark had been married for 3 years it was a rocky relationship, but Sophie wanted too make it work for Jake's sake.

The last few days Sophie and Mark had been arguing more than usual, Mark stormed out of the house slamming the door behind him. Jake started too get upset and the tears fell, Sophie scooped him up in her arms holding him close with one hand rubbing his back. Awhile later Mark had come back he had been drinking the smell of alcohol lingered on his breath. He always tried sweet talking Sophie wrapping his arms around her waist. She didn't want too start another argument for Jake's sake, so she just went along with it and let him kiss her up and down her neck.

The next morning Sophie got up too make breakfast Mark was still in a good mood who wouldn't be after what he got last night. He made his way into the kitchen putting his hands all over Sophie. Jake was sat at the table eating away and making noises this of course made Mark turn round and snap.

Mark: why can't he just shut up for 5 minutes

Sophie: Mark!! Don't talk too your son like that

Mark: he's always making a noise he needs too shut up

Sophie: that's enough Mark, leave Jake alone he's done no wrong.

Mark: I've had enough of this I'm going too work

Mark grabbed his jacket and keys slamming the door behind him, leaving Sophie and Jake in the house. While mark was at work he would often flirt with another women, a women that held a very special place in his heart. Her name is Stacy Douglas she works in the same department as mark they grew very close over the years, while still married too Sophie Mark asked Tracy for her hand in marriage. Soon the pair married it was a small ceremony with a select number of people invited.

Sophie was busy getting Jake ready for nursery, he was always so excited he loved going too nursery. Once they arrived Jake kissed his mum goodbye and ran into the play area. His favourite toy too play with was a toy computer he would sit for hours playing with it.

While Jake was at nursery Sophie went too do some shopping, she picked up what she needed plus a treat for Jake. She spotted a toy computer, just like the one he loves too play with at nursery. She just had too get it for him he was going too love it, once she was home she put the shopping away and went into Jake's bedroom and put the toy on his bed. After she had finished cleaning it was time too go pick Jake up from nursery.

Sophie grabbed her jacket and keys and went too pick up Jake, soon as she arrived Jake came running up too her and gave her a big hug. On the way home he told her about his day he played with his favourite toy, then did some painting and drawing. When they got back Mark had finished work early and was already home. He tried too act like nothing bad happened and talk too Jake. Jake wouldn't go near him and hid behind his mum's legs.

Mark: what's all that about?

Sophie: what do you expect, after what happened this morning
Mark: that was nothing, he should know I won't hurt him

Sophie: Mark, he's only little you act like that and he's going too get scared

Mark: I don't have time for this, I need too go get a shower, the office need me too go cover for another branch so I will be away for 2 weeks.

Sophie: your just telling me this now?

Mark: i didn't know before, look I need too go get sorted we can sort this out when I get back.
Sophie picked up Jake giving him a hug and sat him down on his chair.

Sophie: looks like it's just me and you for a while Jake

Jake: yay, me and mummy and no daddy