Prologue

Kokichi was walking around in an abandoned house, his footsteps made sounds on the wooden floor but he couldn't care less as he was busy looking around to see if there was any threat in this house. "Hey, boss!" yelled one of his trusted goons. A boy with a red afro walked towards Kokichi. "What do you need, Haruto? What's that in that box?" questioned Kokichi as he pointed at the box. "Oh, this?" Haruto raised the box. "Well, someone dropped this on the front porch. I don't know what's in the box. It says in the paper that comes along with the box that it's for you." Haruto gave the box to Kokichi. The purple-haired male looked at the box, inspecting it to see any suspicious things. He smiled at his friend and thanked him before walking down the hall with the box in his hand.

Kokichi went to the living room and put the box on the table. He sat on one of the couches, glaring at the box. In his head, he debated whether he should open the box or not. But his thought was cut by a scream from his friends. Kokichi immediately stood up when he smelled a cloud of smoke that came from upstairs. He brought his scarf up to his nose before rushing toward the source of the smoke. Coughing, he made it to the room. The door suddenly slammed itself shut, trapping Kokichi inside the burning chamber.

"What the hell?!" screamed Kokichi as he tried to open the door. He looked around and found a golf stick lying on the floor. Coughing, he grabbed the golf stick and made his way to the door. "Kokichi..." a whisper made it to Kokichi's ears. Kokichi turned around to see his now burning comrades. Shocked by this, he dropped his golf stick. "Guys..." Kokichi slowly backed down as the others slowly went closer to him until he was trapped and surrounded by them. "Kokichi, this is all your fault!!!" "You did this!!!" "How could you do this to us?!" Kokichi shut his eyes and covered his ears, whimpering as he tried to block out the noise. "Kokichi..."

"KOKICHI WAKE UP!!!"

.

.

.

Kokichi woke up, gasping for air. He panicky looked around before sighing in relief. "Kokichi, breakfast is ready!" Kokichi smiled and turned to look at his boyfriend, Shuichi who is in front of the door. "Good morning, Shumai~" sang Kokichi as he got up from the bed and hugged Shuichi. "Morning, Kokichi" Shuichi laughed and patted Kokichi's hair bed. "Kokichi, I'm going to work now, so please let go of me..." said Shuichi nervously as he try to pry the smaller one from himself. "But it's too early..." Kokichi whined but reluctantly broke the hug. "Sorry, Kokichi. But I have to go." Said Shuichi with a sad smile. "How about this? You and I are going out to dinner tonight." Kokichi grinned widely and hugged his boyfriend again with a happy squeal.

"Yes. Yes! YES!!! I would love to go on a date with you, my beloved detective!" Shuichi smiled lovingly at Kokichi's reaction. "Well, I'm off to work now. Make sure to eat your breakfast, Kokichi. Don't drink too much Panta. It's bad for your health." Kokichi rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Sure, mum. Whatever you say." Shuichi shook his head and kissed Kokichi's forehead. "Goodbye, Kokichi. I love you." Kokichi smiled. "Love you too, you dork."

Shuichi started driving to his work. His phone suddenly rang. He tapped on his earpiece to answer the call. "Hello, this is Shuichi Saihara talking. Who is this?" asked Saihara while he focused on the road. "Hey, it's me, dude. Kaede and I are wondering if you still want to do it." Shuichi stayed silent for a second. He steps on the brake pedal as the traffic light turns red. "Yeah, I'm still going to do it. I think Kokichi and I are ready," answered Shuichi confidently.

"...I'm going to tell Maki about this!!!" Squealed Kaede on the phone. Shuichi laughed nervously at her reaction. He began to drive as the traffic light turned green. "I am kind of nervous. What if we are moving too fast? What if---" Shuichi was interrupted by a loud groan. Maki took the phone from her husband's hand. "Listen here, Shuichi. That bastard loves you. Kokichi even once said he wants to marry you." Shuichi blushed and cleared his throat. "H-he was joking, Maki! I don't think Kokichi means that," said Shuichi with a disappointed tone. He heard Maki sigh on the other side of the phone.

"You're not backing this up, are you?" Maki asked. Shuichi stayed silent. Maki sighed once again before speaking up. "Shuichi, you need to trust yourself more. Stop overthinking this. Stop the what-ifs. I promise you that Kokichi will love it." Shuichi smiled. She's right. He shouldn't overthink this. "Besides, Kokichi is not the type to be picky when you give him shit. Heck, you can give them a paper ring and watch him cry his ass out in happiness" Maki's eyes widened as her lips formed into a mischievous smirk. "You know giving him a paper ring isn't bad." Shuichi laughed. He knew how Maki felt towards Kokichi. Kokichi likes to tease and annoy Maki a lot. He even said that Maki is one of his favorite people to hang out with. But of course, it is not mutual for Maki hates Kokichi with every fiber of her being.

He finally sees a building where he is working in. A private detective agency. Although, it is disguised in an antique shop. "Guys, I have to go now. Tell Mizuki that Uncle Shuichi said hi." Shuichi ended the call after they exchange goodbyes. Shuichi grabbed his messenger bag before walking into the shop. 

Kokichi walked into the kitchen where he saw a delicious pancake with syrups on the table. He beamed and hurriedly grabbed a fork and a knife. He sat down on the stool. He realized he is forgetting something; blueberries to make it more sweet and delicious. He hopped down and walked to the fridge. He opened it, only to find three blueberries left in the container. He groaned and closed the fridge back. "What a bummer. Now, I have to go to the store to buy some." Kokichi ate his breakfast before getting ready to go out. He made sure that the front door is locked before heading his way to the store. He walked down the pavement, humming a song. At the corner of his eyes, there's a missing poster hanging on the lamppost. He decided to take a look and read the info on the flyer. "Kiko Komaeda" whispered Kokichi under his breath. Somehow, the surname seems familiar to Kokichi. But he shrugged it off and went back to hunting for his blueberries. Unknown to him, someone has been watching him creepily.