Act 1: The Beauty In Lies And Deception (part 3)

26 October 2020, 6.45 p.m, Restaurant Hiwara

"Wow, Shumai. This is so...fancy~", chimed Kokichi in disbelief. Kokichi held Shuichi's hand as they walked to the receptionist. "We have a reservation under the name Saihara." The receptionist nodded and lead them to their table. Kokichi suddenly felt goosebumps. He looked around but he didn't find anything suspicious. He then forced himself to calm down. 'Gosh, I need to relax. I am being paranoid. Nothing's going to happen, Kokichi. Just stay calm and enjoy your date with Shuichi'. "This is your table, sir. Here's the menu. Your waiter will come to take your orders very soon", said the receptionist as she put the menu on the table.

Kokichi sat down across Shuichi. He felt his uneasiness grow as he looked at his surrounding. 'Damn it, Kokichi! Stop being so paranoid!' Kokichi looked at his beloved who was caught stealing glances at him. He frowned and pushed all his fear down. He needs to enjoy his time with his beloved. His poor detective must be a nervous wreck right now! "This fancy restaurant reminds me so much of the chaos I and my brother created when we were kids. Ah, good ol' times~" babbled Kokichi, trying to start a conversation. 'Talking about my brother might be a great conversation starter', he thought to himself. Shuichi perked up and leaned closer, clearly interested in the topic. "Speaking of your brother, you never once talk to me about him. Why is that?" Kokichi shrugged. "I don't even remember I have a brother until recently. He is an old fellow now. You know, married. I can't believe it to be honest."

"Wait, he's married?!", asked Shuichi in shock. Kokichi nodded and looked at the menu. Just when Shuichi was about to ask another question about his boyfriend's brother, a waitress walked to them with a smile on her face. "Hello, gentlemen. What would you like to have today?" Kokichi stared at the menu for a minute before giving his order. "Japanese Curry Rice and Natto!" The waitress nodded before jotting down the order. "Just Soba, please." "Is that all?" The boys nodded. The waitress excused herself and walked away. "Umm... Kokichi... About your brother..." Kokichi suddenly holds Shuichi's hand, making the other male jump in surprise. "I am going to become an uncle soon!!!" Shuichi blushed as he stared at Kokichi, he was distracted by the sudden touch. "W-what...?", stuttered the detective. "Gosh, Shuichi. I said I am going to have a nephew slash niece soon!" "WHAT!?", yelled Shuichi in shock. Suddenly, the restaurant went silent and all eyes were on Kokichi's and Shuichi's table. "Sheesh, Shumai. Can you be any more quiet?", whispered Kokichi in annoyance. The detective apologized for his reaction, rubbing the back of his neck. "Right... umm... congrats?" Kokichi is not pleased with the response he just receive. "Dude, I'm going to become an uncle... This is the worst thing that ever happen to me!!!", rambled Kokichi.

Shuichi knew his liar of a boyfriend show genuine distress and slowly rubbed Kokichi's hand with his thumb as a way to calm him down. "I'm sure you'll be a great uncle, Kichi." Kokichi looked at Shuichi in the eyes. "Really?" Shuichi smiled and nodded. "You have an energy of a 5-year-old. You'll be fine." Shuichi let go of Kokichi's hand. "Besides, are you sure that is the worst thing that ever happen to you?", asked Shuichi playfully. "What about the killing game?" Kokichi grinned. "Nah, I think that is the best thing that ever happens to me!" Shuichi stared at Kokichi confused. "Huh? Why?" Kokichi leaned closer, his grin turned into a mischievous smile. "Nishishi~ I could get to be the villain in the show and...~" Kokichi bopped Shuichi's nose. "I get to meet you, my beloved Shuichi Saihara~" flirted the purple head. Shuichi was flustered by Kokichi's choice of words. "Kokichi... you always know what to say." Kokichi laughed. The waiter who took their order came back with the food and placed them on the table. Shuichi thanked the woman and looked at Kokichi who seem occupied with his thoughts. "Kichi? Is there something wrong?"