3: Stranger

KUEA

Silence filled the air as the three of us sat in the living room, mother and I on the long sofa while this stranger on the one-person couch gramps usually sat on. I couldn't stop but glare at him as he casually drank coffee, looking so chill despite what happened a while ago.

"Mom, who on earth is this?" I asked, not looking at her.

"Nu, honey... This is Lian. He'll be staying with us---"

"What!?" I exclaimed, now shifting my gaze to her.

"What? I already told you last night that we'll be having a guest and---"

"Mom, stop. You mean you told me last night? While I was intoxicated?" I asked as she furrowed her brow, looking confused at what I said.

"You weren't drunk last night, honey. You came home fine. You even kissed me goodnight before you went to bed. Don't you remember?" She asked.

I tried to remember what she was talking about but I couldn't. I don't remember anything from last night and it's starting to bother me.

"Seems like the young master needs more time to process the situation. I'll be leaving for now. I'll be back tomorrow and by that time, I expect everything to be prepared." He said in a stern voice, as if commanding the two of us.

With his tone and posture, it's obvious he's someone with authority. However, the way he treats mother makes me feel uncomfortable. It's as if there's something I'm unaware of.

Don't tell me...

"Are you my father?"

"Nu-Kuea! What are you talking about!?" Mother exclaimed, raising her voice on me for the first time.

"What? He looks old enough to be my father." I said as I stared back at the man who's currently trying to stop his laughter.

"I-I'm really sorry about this, Lian." She said sweetly as I raised a brow at the view.

"Or is he your boy toy?" I said carelessly as mother's eyes widened in disbelief of what I said.

"What? He looks fine enough to be your boy toy." I shrugged as mother's palm landed on my lap.

"Nu-Kuea, stop. You're making mommy nauseous." Mother said as she held her temple.

"I'll be off then. I think the two of you have a lot to talk about." This man named Lian said before getting up as my eyes pinned on him while he walked to the door.

..

"Nu-Kuea! Good morning! Nice to see you using your bike again." Dioa said as I hit the brakes in front of their house.

"Hop on, we'll be late." I said as I threw him my spare helmet and he caught it with a smile.

..

"Diao? Oy Diao, we're here." I said as we reached the university parking lot, Diao hugging me from the back.

"Diao! Oy!" I called out and shrugged him off.

"Hmmm... Shifubrhs..."

I laughed at the gibberish that came out of his mouth. He must've slept late last night making him act like this.

"If you won't wake up, I won't tell you what happened yesterday." I said as he sprung awake.

"I'm up, I'm up!" He called out as he quickly got down.

I smiled watching him get down before removing my helmet.

"So, you said a man went in your house?" Diao asked as I was putting the helmet in the compartment.