Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

"What are you doing up there?"

I hear the familiar voice below me as I strain to hang the wreath from the nail I put up over the lone window in my office.

"You shouldn't be on the top rung of the ladder!" he says in a panicked tone.

"I just....need a little more height...almost there...I got it!"

Just when I finally manage to get it hung up, I feel myself wobble, gasping in fear as I lose my footing and start falling backward.

"I've got you!" I hear as a strong pair of arms catch me.

I'm frozen with my eyes closed tight as I try to keep myself from hyperventilating. "You're okay; you're okay. I have you," he says gently, coaxing me to slowly open my eyes, and when I do, I'm met with an adorable grin.

"Thank you," I whisper. "That was a close call....Thank you for saving me..."

"You are so welcome," Jungkook says gently as he helps place me in an upright position.

I'm still rattled when I finally look up into those familiar doe eyes. "How lucky is it that I stopped by your office? Holy shit! I just got to be Iron Man! I can't wait to tell my brother," he says, amused, as he wiggles his eyebrows at me.

Having gained my composure, I laugh and roll my eyes at Jungkook, who has become one of my closest friends at the company since I started a year ago.

"Well, if he doesn't believe you when you relay this crazy story, just send him my way, and I will be happy to corroborate since I now owe you for saving my life," I chuckle as he sends a broad smile in my direction.

"So, what are you up to besides falling for me?" he teases.

"I was taking a break from getting ready for you and the rest of the team's holiday photoshoot. I just finished adding the time to each of your schedules, and we've been putting the final touches on the sets. I have a group session set for the team and then individual sessions for each of you," I explain.

"Are you dressing me up like Santa this year?" he snickers.

"Nope, an elf, complete with pointy ears...." I say casually.

"Get the fuck out of here," he belly laughs.

Jungkook and I always banter back and forth, and it's easily the best part of my day when we get the opportunity to do so.

"The stylist team will be in touch with you shortly to go over the looks they have in mind," I grin. "I'd love to keep visiting, but I'm getting ready to go shoot some photos for another project. Catch you later?"

"Absolutely. Oh, and be sure not to fall for anyone else while I'm away...." he teases with a smoldering look that would melt anybody else, but I'm so used to seeing him like this after countless photoshoots, I've become immune. This has only resulted in Jungkook continuously teasing me, saying that he has millions of fans that think he's handsome, and how he can't seem to understand how he never gets a reaction out of me -it's become a fun ongoing joke between us.

"I'll try my best!" I call out with a chuckle as he vanishes out my office door.

🎄

"Hey, you want to walk over to the set together," Jungkook's voice cuts through my thoughts as I hit "send" on one last email.

"Jungkook, I wasn't expecting you. I thought I'd see you on set," I reply. 

I'm startled when I look up to see him standing before me, looking dashing. For the first time since I first started at the company, I'm reminded of just how devastatingly handsome he is, and it takes me by surprise.