A Christmas Wish

"Woah...Woah...Woah, you shouldn't be doing that without a spotter!" I hear, and then suddenly, he is hovering over me as I lift the heavy steel bar, laden with weights, pushing from my chest until my arms are straight.

"It's really not too heavy...." I breathe out as I glance up at his face, which displays the most adorable upside-down grin as he stands behind where my head rests on the weight bench.

"Maybe not, but you could still get hurt. I'm just going to hang out here until you are done...." he says, and I utter a thank you as I tear my eyes away while trying to calm my now racing heart.

Pushing my anxiety away, I finish two more reps and then carefully place the bar back on the rack before sliding myself into an upright position. "I'm a little embarrassed. It's often empty in here after I get out of work; I've become accustomed to working out in here by myself -I guess I stopped thinking about the safety aspect...." I trail off while looking at him. He runs his hand through his dark locks that are fluffy today; he's barefaced and looking as gorgeous as always.

"I'm Jimin, by the way...." he says politely, and I burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but you can't possibly think I don't know who you are?" I smile. I'm not even surprised that Jimin is this polite. I genuinely haven't heard a bad word about him since I started working at BH, but I'm still in a little bit of shock running into him at the company gym.

He chuckles good-naturedly, "Well, I didn't want to be rude."

"I never would think that...." I say before I can keep the words from dropping from my lips. I notice his grin widens, and I'm taken aback when a crimson color sweep across his cheeks.

"How about you spot me for a few minutes? We can keep each other safe," he suggests.

"Oh, of course," I stutter.

I look around the gym floor to see if any other employees have entered, but alas, it's just Jimin and me, and it feels a little surreal. I see idols all the time around the building, and it's really not a big deal. Once you've met enough of the performers, the idol shininess wears away, and you start to see them as regular people, but with Jimin, it's different. No matter what I do, I always find him attractive, and I've been so embarrassed about it; I've done everything I can to hide it! 

Countless times we've been in the same space, either in the employee lounge, or the cafe. I even almost quite literally ran straight into him outside on the balcony roaming around the birch tree garden, looking deep in thought. Every single encounter ends with me having to force myself to avert my eyes and be respectful while I vacate the space as quickly as my legs can carry me! I was hoping the attraction would fade away, but months have gone by, and I still feel my pulse quicken any time we are in a room together, and I'm at a loss for how to get these feelings to dissipate.

Jimin adds some weighted plates to the bar to adjust to his own strength level and the sound of the black plates clinking together wakes me out of my thoughts as he secures them in place. He double-checks to ensure they are indeed secure and then splays himself on the bench before me. I find myself beginning to study the length of my fingernails as if it were important. I know it is just a coping mechanism because my brain is completely overwhelmed by speaking with him, not to mention seeing his defined legs peeking out below his shorts.

"Want to count for me?" he asks, and I glance down to see his angelic face beaming up at me.

"I'd be happy to," I reply, unable to help but beam a broad smile back at him.

I begin to count as he extends his arms, pushing the weighted bar into the air over and over until he's worked through three sets, and I'm amazed that he doesn't even look tired.