2 Senses heightened

I was in the elevator to reach my apartment which is situated on the 12th floor. My head is practically busting. I can't believe the strange encounter I just had with those freaks. But what if what those freaks told me has been true this whole time? Could I be a werewolf like them? Come on, Christabel there is no such thing as a werewolf.

I got out of the elevator and reached for my keys to unlock the door, and that is when I noticed my right hand. Then, the bite indeed is very huge. It is a nodule. I opened my door. How did all this happen? How did I end up waking up in that treacherous forest?

I went to take a bath. I on the shower and tried to let my mind remember what the actual hell happened. I was at Celia's party. I was wearing a purple off-shoulder T-shirt. I drank some booze. Some flashes appeared in my mind and disappeared quickly. I took the shampoo and tried to remember harder again.

I came out of the party. I had too much drink. I was dizzy. I was unable to walk. A gigantic structure appeared before, it looked like a wolf. Then, it came to me. IT CAME ON ME!!!!!!! It bit me. The next thing I know I was surrounded by those monsters.

I got outta the bath. Fear, that is what I felt. I hope that everything that happened wasn't true and I am not a werewolf. I got dressed and took a glance at my phone. There's only a month left for my dream competition to take place.

I have always dreamt of becoming a professional dancer since I knew to walk. That's all I have ever known or wanted. Finally, after extensive hard work and practice, I got to participate in India's young dancer's competition. I will not let anything destroy it. I snapped out of my thoughts and went to practice.

There is something different in me. I am not tired as I use to be every time I danced. I still very much feel fresh and energetic. This is weird or maybe I am overthinking. I went to make some eggs for breakfast. I broke an egg. The egg smell is stinking a lot more than usual. I made them enduring that awful smell.

I turn on the Tv to watch some news or music. The tv, it is was visible more than ever. What's all with all my senses they seem to work very well. I tried to turn a channel and..., My nails, it, it came out. No. they are not nails, they are, they are claws. Just like a wolf has.

No, no, no. Why did my nails grow all of the sudden? How is this even possible? This can't be true. I stared at it, it, it- looks dreadful.

Come on now, go inside. Go, go. I tried to push it. No use. God, what is happening to me?

I heard a knock on my door. Perfect. Now, it looks like I have a guest to visit me with my dire nails/claws. I tried to push it back, from where ever it came. No use. I tried harder. It-, it went.

So, from now these nails/claws can come out and go? But this is super weird. I heard the knock on the door again.

I went and opened my door and found my neighbour Polly.

"Christa, I didn't know, you were home. When did you come?" She questioned. Well, Polly, I'd answer that question. If I have any idea where I hell I've been. Instead, I smile awkwardly.

She looked confused by my sudden strange smile. "Coco missed you." She said feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Oh, Coco. Can I be any more stupid? I had Polly, babysit Coco, while I went to Celia's party. Oh, my poor baby dog Coco.

"I'm sorry, thank you for babysitting her, Polly," I said genuinely.

She nodded and went to get my baby girl, Coco. She's a dalmatian. I still remember when my sister Judy, who is now in sophomore year in school, insisted not to separate her and Coco when I moved in here. Aww, I miss my baby sister Judy too. It's been weeks since I spoke to her. I should check on her sometime.

Polly, brought my girl, Coco. She came sprinting. Dogs are such loyal creatures. A smile rose across my lips, seeing her. She jumped on me, showing her love. But, within a heartbeat, she got off me. She looked me in the eye and started to bark, gritting her teeth.

Polly looked ad confused as me. "What's wrong?" Polly questioned.

"She-, she must be mad that I left her yesterday," I said, hoping what I said to be true. "Come let's go" I told to Coco, holding her leash. She's rebelling. I almost dragged her to get home.

Polly tried to tell me something, but I thanked her again and left. Coco still didn't stop barking.

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned.

"That poor doggie, now knows you're a wolf" I heard a familiar voice, which I'm very sure that I heard in that treacherous forest.

As I thought, it was a beautiful girl with black hair, dyed blue ending with adorable green eyes.

"What are you doing here Mimi? How did you know my house? Were you following me? Seriously what do you want? I questioned without a gap."

"I will tell you everything if you give me some break from your questions and let me speak." She answered. I remained silent and let her continue.

"Christabel, you should come with me, we can all stay as a pack. We can help you. You can have a home there in the forest." She told me, trying to convince me. As if I'd be convinced.

"So, you want me to come to that dreadful forest and live among cold-blooded beasts like you? I am gonna take a pass." I answered.

"You are one of us now. One of the cold-blooded beasts like us. And that dreadful forest is indeed gonna be your home." She mocked.

"You can feel it too, don't you? Deep down that everything you feel has an extra sense. In a word, your senses are heightened." She explained.

"I live here, I can't come-" I tried to tell something.

"You have nothing in here. Even your pet is barking at you because you turned into a wolf. Soon everyone's gonna know. Why don't you let me help you?" She almost yelled.

I thought if what she said, she was not wrong. I can feel it. My claws just came out. My sense is indeed heightened. Even my Coco is breaking at me as if I'm a stranger to her.

"I know it's not easy, but please try to understand, take a day to think. I'll come tomorrow again. Let me know what you think." She said and left.

Author's Note:

This is my first book, I hope you will support me. Please vote if you like and comment with your views, it would mean a lot ❤