3 Tree house

"This is a bad idea," I sniffled, walking into that terrible woods, their so-called home. 

"Oh, you are having second thoughts now." Mimi mocked. 

"Admit it, no one there likes me or even wants me to be there," I complained. What I said was indeed true. I  saw it, that unwanted feeling gleaming brightly in their beast-cold eyes and aggressive look on their Alpha Matt's face. 

"You are gonna be fine, I promise," Mimi assured. We walked quietly into the forest. We saw little hovels as we approached. "Don't tell me I am gonna live in one of these," I pleased. Mimi laughed. This is not a good sign. 

"What is she doing here?" I heard a cold voice. 

"Craig, I brought her here. You see she is one of us now, so I thought-" She was trying to say something else but got interrupted by another cold voice.

"You thought what Mimi?" Matt questioned. Matt is a blonde with brown eyes despite him being a jerk in questioning everything, he indeed looks like a worthy candidate to be an Alpha because of all his characteristics and features.

"Alpha, she got bitten by you or no, she is a werewolf now. Why can't we have her on this pack?" Mimi nagged. He doesn't look very convinced. 

"I'll leave," I declared.

"Wait, fine you can be a part of this pack," He said getting closer to me. "Mimi will help and so will others, being a part of this pack has its privileges, we stick together, and we protect each other. But despite that," He stopped and got a little nearer to me. "It also has its hurdles too. Be ready to face both." He warned 

"It looks more like a warning than a welcome." I  bit my bottom lip. He stared at me for a while and left.

"Welcome to the pack, baby wolf, sorry to burst your bubble but if you were looking for a welcome party, I would say you better give up all your hopes." Craig mocked. I cringed.

"Ignore him, Christabel. But I am really happy that you are here," Eddie stated. I smiled. Ever since the first time I saw him, he is the only one with compassion here apart from Mimi.

"Come on, I will introduce you to everyone in here," Mimi said, grabbing my hand. She took me further into the forest and I was stunned to see. There are tree houses. It was marvellous, the sight of seeing them is very soothing and comfortable. Each was built uniquely with different heights and stairs. I was very thrilled to see it. "What did you think? That we will live in that bloody awful hovels?" Mimi questioned smiling.

"This, this is very good. If you don't live there in hovels, then?" I stopped, unsure what to ask.

"We lived there. But not anymore, Craig built these houses for all of us. He's quite talented don't you think?" She questioned. I am not sure if I should answer. All I saw was his bloody awful attitude. "He will build one for you too, soon but until then I am sorry but we will have to share my house, I hope that's not a problem for you?" Mimi asked.

"No, I am good with roommates." I lied. I didn't know what to tell, I never shared my room with anyone, not even with my sister Judy. I have no other option left over here except to share a room with her, especially when she is very welcoming and promising.

She took around all the tree houses and introduced me to everyone, they all seemed to be nice at least I hope they are because everyone smiled when we were being introduced, it could even be a fake smile. But a smile is a smile and that idiot Craig even sucks at that. we walked and talked for a while and sat near a lake.  It was a beautiful lake. It is almost dawn. I  picked up a pebble threw it into the lake and saw the water make ripples. Ever since I was a child, I loved those ripples a lot. Mimi did the same too.  

"Well then, I will go and prepare dinner," Mimi said and left. What do werewolves eat? I thought to question her but she left quickly. I hoped we don't have to eat something atrocious which would cause me anguish. 

"Don't worry, we won't have something like that," Eddie said, approaching me. 

"What?" I questioned with confusion.

"We will have normal meat and not whatever you are thinking," He smiled. I smiled too. "How did you know?" I asked. "Pretty easy, I saw your expression change,  when Mimi mentioned food." He explained. As he said, it was pretty easy. 

"It is all new for me you know, a day ago I  was having a normal life there out living my dream and today I am trying to adjust here, It's a major change and somehow this is all exhausting me." I declared with a sigh. His gaze was fixed on mine. I saw my reflection in his yellow eyes.  He took my hand and squeezed it. 

"It's okay, I will be there for you, whenever you need my help," He assured. That felt nice to hear that. 

"If you guys don't mind me barging in, now, baby wolf, care to tell how you want me to build your house, not to forget how good you are at wrecking trees, I might need to put extra effort to make sure you don't fall from there and break your bones," Craig smirked. He has the same pair of yellow eyes as his brother Eddie, yet when I looked into his eyes all I could see was disgust and somehow a bit of grief.  Eddie smiled awkwardly at me and left.

Craig saw his brother leave and looked at me for an answer. "What's the deal with you? Why are you always so impudent?" I asked.  His smirk disappeared. 

"You have no answer to my question, I see,"  He replied as if it is his defence. 

"You have no answer for my question too, I see," I replied with a smirk as him. 

"I don't have to answer your needless questions," He snapped.

"Or maybe it's just your poor attitude is built that way, unlike your brother." I snapped back. Anger flushed all over his face. He came closer to me. now his face is mere inches away from me. 

"Compare me with my brother one more time, I am gonna build you a house with no windows and doors and lock you there until you rot." He whispered in my ears with rage and left. 

Author's Note:

Please read, vote if you like and comment with your views. Stay tuned to see more about Christabel ❤