08┆Once Upon a Swap

y/n sits on the table, legs crossed, that her mom had set up for market day. The girl watches in amusement as King jumps on the table, trying to grab a flag hanging above him.

He cries before he falls off the table. "Stupid flag!" y/n shakes her head, her eyes falling on Luz, who walks in carrying a ladder and a wooden sign.

"It's been a little slow around here, but I've got just the thing to attract customers." She puts a wooden sign on top of the "HUMAN COLLECTABLES" sign and taps it, activating the light glyphs carved into it. "And who doesn't like their name in lights?" Now fully illuminated, a winking face of Eda appears. "Is it too subtle?"

"Does subtle mean ugly?" Everyone turns to face Boscha, Skara and an Oracle track student standing at the stand.

"Hi, Boscha! Hexsidians! See anything you like?" Luz says in her friendliest voice. y/n is glad the other girl took over talking, or else she might've said something she wouldn't have meant too.

"Ew! No. I'm just here to take an ironic next to your weird flashing trash sign." She summons her scroll and takes several pictures.

"It's not funny, Boscha."

"What are you going to do? Spit your human venom on me?"

King says something to Luz, which has her kneeling down to speak to him. Above them, y/n is glaring at the witch across from her. "Luz may not be able to do anything, but I can."

Boscha scoffs out a laugh. "From what I've heard about you and your mom, you can't be capable of much." y/n lets out a grunt, about to reply when King grunts and jumps onto the table.

"You will tremble before me!" The three teens stare at him.

"Oh, he's so cute!" She hugs King and summons her scroll, taking a picture with a filter as he shoves her face. "How much? I have to own him."

King frees himself. "You couldn't afford me, sister!" They all stare in awe. "That's the incorrect reaction!"

"I smell an easy mark." A voice behind them says. Eda Jumps out of the tent, landing in front of the three teens. "Hey, kid! Can I offer you the latest fashions from..." She dresses herself in horribly clashing clothes. "the human realm?"

"Yeah, no." Boscha, Skara and the Oracle track student laugh as the three of them leave.

"Well," Eda Returns to her normal outfit. "I hate her."

"Yeah, teens can be sour, but we're a little sweetie." Luz cups y/n's chin with her hand, giving it a little squeeze before letting go. "Look what I made you! She points to her sign.

"Luz!" She runs up to the booth and takes the sign down.

"Did I spell something wrong? Or did I spell something right?"

"Stop that." Eda lightly scolds, wiping away the lights. "You may be forgetting something, Luz. we're kinda..." She holds up her and her daughters wanted poster.  "on the run! Remember? Every in town would be at my doorstep if I had my name in lights."

"Well, I don't see anyone right now. Maybe you're just being paranoid. You're a powerful . Why hide when you can "poof" all your problems away with magic?"

"What does Luz know about problems, anyway? All she has is dumb teen drama! She doesn't understand how hard some of us have it."

Eda crosses her arms. "You're pampered all day like a dang baby. How hard is that life?"

"Well, I don't know if you realized, but I'm not a baby!" King argues.

"Then why are you screaming like one?"