Chapter 1

How hard can being a pirate truly be? All she'd have to do is steal a ship! That's not that hard, especially if she built a crew beforehand. Luckily, Satoko had a perfect group in mind.
There's no way this could ever be a mistake.

"This... This was a mistake..." Satoko stood before the wheel of the ship in the low light, completely stumped, she had no idea how to work this thing.
"OH, YOU THINK SO, DO YOU?" Keiichi shot Satoko a glare as he was messing with the mast trying to hoist the sails, with the help of Satoshi. "I've been saying this since you brought up the idea this morning! And yet here we are on this stupid ship at like midnight with no fucking idea how to drive it!"
"I'm sorry, who was supposed to do their fucking research???" Satoko hollered back punching the wheel and instantly regretting it.
"This was your idea!" Keiichi looked exasperated.

Suddenly the door leading inside the ship slammed open and Rena emerged. "You guys realise this thing has an engine?"
Satoko, Keiichi and Satoshi all snapped their attention to Rena "It WHAT?"

Upon entering the captain's cabin they found a large, surprisingly modern, control desk.
Rena flicked a switch on it and there was a loud roar as the ship began to rumble a little.
"This. Whole. Time." Satoko felt stupid for not realising this sooner.
Rena spoke again. "The mast and stuff is just for back up." She paused. "You still have to steer it with the wheel, this is just for monitoring, which I'll do. I did the research because I kinda knew Keiichi wouldn't-" She chuckled.
Keiichi looked furious but Satoko interjected before he could. "Well- You're more reliable than I realised..."
Mion suddenly entered the room. "Oh, I've picked my room, already. I put a sign on the door saying it's mine so no one take it."
"Correct priorities." Satoshi chuckled.
Satoko shrugged changing the subject. "Looks like we're all here! You guys ready to go?"
There was a unanimous nod before Rena tossed Satoko a headset. "We can communicate through these while you steer and I manage all this stuff." She gestured over the control panel.

Satoko placed her hands on the wheel and couldn't help but show her excitement on her face in the form of a large grin.
She spoke into the headset. "Okay, send us forwards!"
"Yessireee!" Rena responded and the ship began to March forwards at an almost alarming rate.
Eventually, Satoko found herself adjusting and started to enjoy the speed off the ship. "Hey, Rena?" she spoke into the mic again.
"Yup?" Rena replied, she sounded really quite joyous.
"Keep this speed up until we're out of territorial waters but slow down once we're out, try to keep us at a steady pase so less monitoring has to be done."
"Right!"

Soon the ship's speed slowed and everyone met on the deck. Rena and Mion found themselves naturally paring off and hanging out a little distance from the others who were sat in silence.
Satoko was sat atop a wooden crate rummaging in her bag before she pulled out a lemon, biting into it, skin and all.
She initially hated doing that because of how bitter it was but she eventually grew used to it and was able to handle eating it like one would an apple.
She'd recently heard stories of a pretty respected pirate, which is what inspired her to do what she is doing now, the pirate was always referred to as captain Blueprint, a real name was never given so Satoko didn't know it but she did know she was a fiercely skilled and respected pirate able to keep her crew organised well. She was also a badass when it came to her usage of a sword, Satoko saw her once, she was docking at the bay near where Satoko lived to collect supplies.
She had long blue hair, wore a black and gold jacked and hat and was incredibly pretty. Satoko admired so much about Blueprint, it was why she wanted to be a pirate in the first place.

The ship suddenly stopped with a clunk as though colliding with something, which instantly shut the engine down.
Everyone instantly jumped up running ro the front of the ship to see they had collided with the side of someone else's ship.
The ship was intracit and beautiful, it seemed familiar.
Satoko noticed the flag, she knew that flag...
As a face emerged into her view her jaw dropped and she gasped out. "Blueprint?"

Blueprint glared at Satoko from her own ship. "You crashed into my ship, idiot."
Satoko panicked for a moment, this was bad... "Ah-! S-sorry-!"
Blueprint spoke again. "How the fuck is your crew so incompe-"
Satoko cute her off by throwing the orange she was just eating at Blueprint's head and it hit her directly. "I respect you but take that back!
Blueprint turned away until she was no longer in sight, suddenly, a group of uniformed pirates brought out a plank to connect the two ships.
The all drew their swords and began to cross.
The cornered all of Satoko's team leaving just Satoko standing staring at the other ship as Blueprint slowly crossed drawing her blade as she got closer to Satoko.
Satoko quickly drew her own sword in a panic and Blueprint swing at her.
She blocked it and there was a loud clang as their swords connected.
Blueprint pushed Satoko backwards.
Satoko winced a little as the contact of her swords handle with her hands hurt.
Satoko slid backwards as Blueprint pushed." Wait, wait wait! There's been a misunderstanding! I never wanted to start a fight, I really look up to you!"
Blueprint smirked pushing back more. "Quick being a scary cat and put something into it!"
Satoko swung her blade at Blueprint which was instantly blocked. "W-what's your name by the way? I think if we're gonna fight it's only fair I know it!" Satoko pushed Blueprint back a little.
Blueprint gritted her teeth swinging her sword again and being blocked. "Your's first." She pushed Satoko back a bit.
"It's Satoko, and I hope you realise you've just made yourself a number one rival!" Satoko couldn't stop herself from being pushed backwards more.
"I was hopping for that." Blueprint grinned a little.
She pushed Satoko back against the wall knocking her sword from her hands. "You still have a long way to go to be even a little but of a match for me."
Satoko tried to move from the wall but Blueprint prevented that by pushing her sword against Satoko's neck, she knew of she made one wrong move her head would be gone.
Blueprint leaned into close with a smug smirk. "My name, by the way, is Rika." She spoke in a threateningly low tone.

AN: Lmao gay sword fight my beloved. So yeah, went with the pirate AU in the end! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! See you in the next!