Chapter 6

Satoko and Rika were sat across from each other at the table in Satoko's cabin, there was a bit of an awkward air in the room as they sat staring at each other, Rika with a friendly smile and Satoko looking grumpy to try and avoid looking flustered.
Every so often Satoko's eye was caught by Rena peeking into the widow to see what Satoko and Rika were doing.
Satoko let out an agitated sight and stood up, swinging the door open. "Could you please fuck off!?"
Rena chuckled and apologised moving away from Satoko's cabin, Satoko closed the door and sat back down. "How's your crew been lately, any incidents?"
Rika chuckled and shook her head, "Oh, no. My crew are quite good and behave because they actually have some semblance of a leader." Rika smirked at Satoko with a brow raised, clearly finding herself funny.
"Hey! You take that back! Use me as a verbal punching bag all you like but don't you dare speak a single bad word about my crew! They're family to me!" Satoko quickly got defensive of her friends.
Rika seemed to smile at this, "Oh, that's sweet. It was just a bit of friendly banter." Rika glanced over to the side.
Satoko followed Rika's gaze and saw Rena looking in again, Satoko went over and drew the curtains sighing heavily before sitting down again.
"Also, the attack was on your leadership skills, not your crew." Rika added with an amused sparkle in her eyes.
Satoko nodded, "well, that makes that better..." She leaned on the table, popping a segment of orange into her mouth, "You can comment all you like on my leadership skills but you've really gotta work on your awareness of others and what others are doing."
Rika took a sip of her tea that Satoko had made for her, "Fair play. You... Do have a point there."
Satoko leaned on her hand looking at Rika, unable to stop her own words, "But other than that, your a very admirable person. You're skilled and have the sheer beauty to match..." Satoko paused, realising the embarrassing things she was letting herself say.
Satoko could swear she saw a blush forming on Rika's face, "Oh, you really think so..?" Rika leaned a little closer to Satoko. "Means a lot, coming from a cute thing like you!"
Satoko went silent, feeling her cheeks heat up at this compliment, "O-Oh-! C-cute..? Uhm... Thanks..." Satoko stared hard at her own tea cup as she drank from it, not really knowing how to face the compliment.
Suddenly Rika pinched Satoko's cheek, "And that makes you even cuter!"
Satoko put her tea down and moved away from Rika, "H-hey! Stop that!" Satoko was blushing a lot at this, she was sure of it but tried her best to stay cool.
Rika got up and followed after Satoko "Awh, come oooon! Just a little pinch, please?"
"No! Weirdo!" Satoko took a step back.
"A hug?" Rika had a rather amused sparkle in her eyes as she raised her arms slowly approaching Satoko, like she was mocking her.
Satoko moved back and her back was against the door, "D-don't mock me!"
Rika suddenly hug attacked Satoko making Satoko quickly go for the door and burst out of it with Rika clinging to her, looking amused, "Unhand me, you witch!" Satoko yelled pushing on Rika's face to try and get her off.
Rika chuckled at this keeping a tight grip on Satoko, "Can't you show just a little bit of weakness and affection and give me a hug?"
Satoko's crew watched in confusion and entertainment as Satoko and Rika ran back and forth on the deck, Rika just trying to get a little bit of affection out of Satoko and Satoko clearly showing her fear of showing affection.
"What are they doing..?" Keiichi could be heard whispering, clearly baffled by whatever Satoko and Rika were trying to accomplish right now.
Rena looked about ready to burst, Mion looked on the verge of laughed and Satoshi just looked a little awkward but kept smiling lightly.
Eventually Satoko whispered, still trying her best to fight Rika off. "O-okay... I'll give you a hug... But only when they", she gestured at her crew by tilting her head at them, "aren't watching..." Satoko did really want to hug Rika bit had always been somewhat fearful of showing affection, she always felt embarrassed by it.
Rika smiled with a smug look of victory on her face, "I win, yet again..."
"I won't if you keep acting that smug about it, dumbass." Satoko gave Rika a bit of a scowl.
Rika chuckled, "Point taken, I'll stop."
She stood up straight again, "Take this back to your cabin?"
"Yeah, whatever..." Satoko mumbled walking back to her cabin Rika following close behind, Satoko could just feel the smugness radiating off Rika.
They went back into Satoko's cabin, leaving her crew in total confusion at their strange little display.
Satoko awkwardly stood in the centre of the room for a moment before slowly lifting her arms to Rika.
Rika quickly stepped towards Satoko wrapping her arms around Satoko, under her arms, Satoko hesitantly wrapped her arms around Rika's shoulders.
Satoko was struck by the feeling pretty strong, it made her chest hurt a little, she realised how long it had been since she'd genuinely let someone hug her and had hugged that person back, the feeling made her eyes tear up as she started to lose her sense of embarrassment to this feeling, wrapping her arms around Rika a little tighter.
Rika gently rubbed Satoko's back, "See, that's not so bad, is it?"
Satoko suddenly felt herself let out a quite sob, which Rika must have felt as she rubbed Satoko's back more, whispering, "Shhhhhhhh... It's okay, I've got you... You can show your emotions to me without worrying at all, okay?"
Satoko felt her cheeks heat up a little Rika's words only intensified the feeling in Satoko's chest and she couldn't stop her self from breaking into tears, burying her face in Rika's shoulder as she did.

AN: I was feeling that a little too hard :,) Anywho, hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see ya in the next!