Chapter 16

It was a very dark night as the moon didn't rise.

Awakening from a shallow sleep, Jungkook reached out and grabbed the shadow. A dagger that flies at his neck stops in the air.

“Ughhh!”

The dagger quickly changed direction and was stabbed in the direction it came from.

‘You're bothering me so I can't sleep.'

Apart from the expulsion of Marilyn who turned out to be a follower of Liatriz, Jungkook's life was constantly being directed to where information was leaked. He was too young to be a candidate.

If Camille is still alive he will certainly help to protect Jungkook at all costs, but it is very difficult to protect a child without a guardian.

“Hahh…..”

Jungkook removed his secret guests, who had soaked in the darkness without moonlight.

A baby asleep next to him.  She doesn't even know the assassin came and sleep well.

Yellow lantern light reflected on Lalisa's thick eyelashes.

“What the.”

It seemed to jungkook that lalisa couldn't go back to her room and fell asleep after pursuing him all day to searching for a maid named Marilyn.

‘She won't even know it's a spy.'

She didn't like Baal which he had placed in place of Marilyn. Jungkook remembered the demon who shook his toy even though the baby refused.

The demon king Baal is better than Marilyn who is only a human maid and Baal excels in everything.  Jungkook couldn't understand the reason lalisa didn't like Baal.

“Why do you like to sleep here?”

Lalisa often fell asleep by his side or even came in the middle of the night to dig into the blanket like a puppy.  It was a baby, so Jungkook often is woken up because her body had a lot of heat and the blanket was hot.

Upset because his sleep was disturbed, Jungkook rubbed his neck and walked out into the corridor.

‘Go away.'

‘I won't, I want to be with you.'

So, he half giving up now.  No matter how cold he is, lalisa never backs down.  Her face was always shining and sparkling when she reached him again.

‘It's because I have no ability.'

The children of Lagrange, who are not born with excellent ability are removed before they reach adulthood. If there are children who are still alive among them, it's only children who are protected by other candidates such as lalisa.

Surely no one had told lalisa about the current situation because she sticks to jungkook since she first met him.

‘Oppa, I like you.'

The red circle that appeared on lalisa's little cheek every time she laughed came to mind.

Of course, jungkook didn't protect her for a simple reason like ‘lalisa was my younger sister'.

This is because he has found out about the final gateway to the successor test.

“…..The sacrifice of the most precious thing.”

Asmodeus, the demon who defends the family itself, wanted the devil-like human being who had no interest other than power and strength as the Grand duke.

If you wanted to be the Grand Duke, you have to give all the last parts of your heart that make people be human.

Such as Derreck Lagrange who sacrificed his tamed demon, and there were also others who sacrificed his lovers, friends, and even family members.  They poured everything into the mouth of Asmodeus to become the Grand Duke.