1

🔶💧

Childe, post 1.1 where he had a self reflection and realised that he was exaggerating and basically invalidating his own feelings, met up with Zhongli formally and apologised for his outburst.

Zhongli was happy that he has his companion back, and accepted Childe's apology.

Not knowing that he made Childe feel betrayed, not knowing Childe's apology was much more deeper than what he thinks, which was about the younger's outburst during the confrontation.

They engaged like old times, but Zhongli noticed that Childe is not how he was used to.

He became much more quiet, a listener, much more formal, and his smile was different. Like he used to when they first met. And his eyes...

Were void of emotions.

Zhongli stared until Childe asked if he had something on his face, which he denied.

He felt uneasy.

Childe was not like how he was before. The radiant smile when seeing him was gone, his eyes that acknowledges him like a dear close friend was gone.

Something changed, and he did not like it.

The next day, he received a letter from the red head.

/ Good afternoon, Mr. Zhongli. I hope this letter finds you well. Today is the day I depart, and seemingly, this letter will arrive much more later because of the bank's employees' busy schedule due to the incident.

Whatever time you recieved this later, I have already departed.
This letter is to congratulate you on your final act as Liyue's former Archon, and for your retirement.

I hope you live well acclimating with mortal life. /

Oh.

"So that was why your aura was different." Zhongli murmured, eyes intensely focused on the signature.

/ Sincerely,
    Tartaglia, Eleventh of the 11 Fatui Harbingers. /

He was conversing with the vanguard.