3

🔶💧

It's night time and 12 AM, you know what that means

Childe didn't expect his mission's process to go smoothly. In fact, he was certain that major hurdles will come in his way before he even steps in the land of contracts.

Well, he supposes he should've brought the title of Liyue into consideration, contracts.

No matter who the visitors are, as long as there is an agreement, you are welcomed.

Now, there is an invisible bounty in his head for he has committed a crime.

It was unknown to Childe why the Tianquan didn't deport the Fatui from Liyue, knowing that the Traveler - and their snitchy companion - had already announced he was the cause of the incident.

He guesses it's due to the standing of the Northland Bank. This is the land of contracts after all. It's all about negotiations.

Right, negotiations.

He suddenly feels sick to his stomach. Doing a little breathing exercise, he raises his head up. cold, blank eyes staring at the grey, gloomy sky. Rain showering on his face, engulfing him, welcoming him in its hold.

He feels at peace.

It temporarily distracted him from the recent events that haunted him. Yet, looking at the cliff that overlooks Liyue Harbor, a memory recalled itself.

-

" Mr. Zhongli, did you know that back in Snezhnaya, I always shout very loud whenever a cliff is in front of me "

" Oh? Why so? "

Childe hummed in thought. " Well, it feels really nice and gives me motivation to keep moving. I can't completely describe the feeling, but it feels like... I'm free? Some say it can also be a great way to release troubling emotions. Why don't you try it? Afterwards, I'll do a loud cry myself. It won't be an interesting experience if I demonstrate. "

-

He once brought a supposed "friend" with him on this cliff once upon a time, sharing the experience of releasing loud cries across the horizon.

Now, he's alone.

Stepping closer to the edge, Childe looked at the beautiful landscape of Liyue. The harbor, despite the condition of the weather, still shines like gold. No matter what season, there will always be light that leads the way back.

Closing his eyes and opening his mouth, he prepared himself.

As you are a harbinger, it is critical to always be in control of your emotions. You are serving under Her Majesty, the Tsaritsa, best not to show an opening for attack.

Ah, yes. The one rule that should be stamped on his brain. Yet he broke it. He was with a certain someone too when he broke it.

He's letting his guard down.

How dangerous.

Eyes empty, Childe turned and headed back to the unwelcoming city.

Best to continue his role in this stage play the God of Contracts commenced.