Chapter 1 | New thoughts on Ink.

~~~~*~~~~

I used to hate ink, as it's so messy and it usually never gets out of clothing. But.. That all changed when I signed up for a position in the Music Department at Joey Drew Studios, it was the last position available! How crazy, since Joey Drew Studios wasn't that popular..

Although, that would die down sooner or later.

~~~~*~~~~

My first day at the Studio, I walked in, and looked around. Trying to find my boss, I think he was- Joey Drow? No- Joey Drew! Yep. Anyway, the studio. It was sorta messy, and the floor boards were sorta creaky. But it felt like I'd feel at home in no time.

My thoughts of the place disappeared when I heard a male voice speak to me;

" Uhm, Hello! Are you (Y/n)? "

I turned in shock and finally saw the man I was looking for.

Joey. Drew.

A quite clean guy to be honest, even though he is surrounded in a place full of ink. Drew was wearing some sort of grey button up shirt with a snazzy pair of black jeans that frilled at the ends, with some brown shoes-

" Oh yeah! That's me! You must be Joey. Drew? "

I put my hand out for a handshake, I'm usually like that so it wasn't embarrassing at all. Joey smiled and shook my hand;

" Indeed I am! Welcome to the studio (Y/n), Before you start helping out with the Music Department how about I give you a tour? "

Watching him speak I noticed he was sorta old, about- mid 60's? He was sorta brown haired with grey hair appearing at the ends of his neck.

I let go of his hand; " I would much appreciate that, you know- First getting to know the layout of this place would help me navigate from point A to point B. "

" Right then! Let's get a move on. Follow me (Y/n). "

Joey began to move down one of the corridors in the old building that seemed out of date. And I of course followed beside him.

~~~~*~~~~

I met a lot of new people when walking with Mr. Drew. Like- This man named Henry. Stein! And- Wally. Franks! I liked him- His voice was so funny I was trying to not burst out into laughter when talking to him. But Henry was different to Wally, he seemed more comfortable and relaxed then Mr. Franks. Like he's been around new people all the time.

Mr. Drew had brought me to every room in the building.. except for one, the Music Department! I've been so excited to see who I'll meet and make friends with there! I'm a type of- Social person. But at times I'm an insider.

Finally after what seemed like years Joey had walked me to the entry of the Music Department:

" This is the Music Department (Y/n)! Or- you already could tell as there is a big sign above us or that this is the one place we haven't been at yet! " indeed there was a big sign outside of the doors to the music department reading; " MUSIC DEPARTMENT "

He brought me into the room, and boy was I shocked! It looked like a massive room full of instruments and people, well- not ALOT of instruments and people but- there was a decent amount.

" This is the Music Department, (Y/n), you can explore later as I have someone that you'll have to meet! Just follow me and I'll bring you to him, although he might be practicing a song.. oh well! "

Mr. Drew brushed it off and walked me to an area I was intrigued about, full of arts of cartoon characters an full of ink. We walked to a door labeled: " Music Room 1 - Mr. Lawrence "

I wondered who will be in the room. Well duh- Some guy named Lawrence! But I was curious on whoever Mr. Lawrence Is and his appearance!

Mr. Drew knocked on the door to be granted permission to go in, Also saying that it was his boss outside the door. We heard a low " Come in " from inside the room. Then we heard an instrument being place down.

He opened the door and stepped inside, " There you are Sam! I have someone you should meet out here! May she come in? "

I heard a " Yeah sure, she can come in " from inside. Then Joey peeped out of the room and signalled me to come in, and I did so.

I walked into the room and met eye to eye to a man, he seemed tall- like 5'11? He had brown hair that was curly in random places, and he was wearing some sort of white short-sleeved shirt with yellow overalls.

He was sorta cute, as his hazel eyes looked at me.

Mr. Drew interrupted though; " So! (Y/n)! " he turned to look at me.
" This is Sammy. Lawrence! The Head of the Music Department. "

I waved smiling, " Hello Mr. Lawrence, nice nice to meet you. " And he waved back.

" and Sammy, this is (Y/n) (L/n). She is a new employee here who will be playing an instrument in your band! I assure you, she is pretty good at playing the Piano and some other instruments. "

Sammy just nodded, he then examined my appearance. When I noticed this he quickly looked away, I smiled in confusion.

Sammy put his hand out for a handshake: " Nice to meet you too, (Y/n) (L/n). " I firmly shook his hand to make a first impression.

We talked for a while after that, Drew left us alone so then Sammy could teach me some of the basics around the Music Department, like he taught me how to play certain instruments I didn't quite recognise, and he showed me around, teaching me how to do certain things.

I felt a strong bond between us begin to grow. But that would all change in the blink of an eye...

~~~~*~~~~

| Authors Note |
Hope you enjoyed this. I will start the next episode as soon as possible. :)

WORDS: 1012

~~~~*~~~~