2

AMARIAWEDNESDAY2:00 PMHOME

AMARIA
WEDNESDAY
2:00 PM
HOME

My phone constantly buzzing makes me stir from my deep sleep. I stretch letting out a groan, hearing my bones pop as they relax. I roll over and pick up my phone squinting from the bright light it illuminates.

Another message pops up and I realize that the cheer group chat has been going off for the past 30 minutes.

The older messages are filled with 'good mornings' and casual conversation but as I scroll down the messages begin to ask about my whereabouts. I read the most recent and my heart drops.

"Mari everyone is here where are you?"

"Shit." I curse ripping the blanket off me and running to the bathroom. I glob toothpaste onto my brush and immediately start brushing my teeth.

I examine myself in the mirror and I almost begin to cry when I see the state of my hair. I forgot to tie my hair before going to sleep and now my curls are all over the place. Hell no I gotta put a bonnet on.

I spit the toothpaste out and rinse my mouth with water and then mouthwash. I splash water on my face and quickly lather my face wash in my hands. While I work the product in with one hand  I tap my phone screen with the other. 2:19 I gotta go.

I rinse off my face and run back into my bedroom looking around for an outfit to wear. I throw a random family reunion tshirt over my sports bra and slip on my spandex shorts.

I grab my tote bag and fill it with all my necessities. I slide my socks onto my feet and turn off the light in my room.

Making my way downstairs I open up the kitchen closet and put a s'mores pop tart in my tote bag along with two water bottles. I rummage through the bags of stuff I got yesterday at the beauty supply and find the bonnet, quickly tearing the package open and placing it on my head. I slip my crocs on that I usually leave by the back door for when I'm in a rush.

I open the back door and step out locking it behind me. The heat outside immediately hits me and I have to stop myself from reentering my cold house. I walk out my gate and start the long journey to my highschool.

AMARIA
2:45
TAMPA HIGHSCHOOL

When I finally make it to the high school, the team is already warmed up and they're learning one of the new dances I've choreographed. The other team captain Alizé stands at the front showing them the routine.

"Something's off about the routine, do it again." Coach Mayah tells the team while fanning herself with her clipboard. Alizé rolls her eyes and turns back to the team barking out orders to them.

"Sorry I'm late guys." I speak up, gaining their attention. They look relieved and Coach Mayah stands up from her chair to hug me.

"Thank GOD you're here Mari. I was just about to lose my mind." She exclaims gripping my tightly while rocking us side to side. Alizé scoffs and I stare at her over Coach's shoulder. Don't be mad at me cause you can't teach the routines right.