5

AMARIA AVAIA HART
SATURDAY
6:20 AM
HOME

"Vaia baby you gotta get ready for your hair appointment." My mom gently caresses my face, slowly pulling the blanket off of my body. I groan and raise my arms above my head, hearing the satisfying sounds of my back muscles popping.

I unplug my phone and take it with me into my bathroom. Still half asleep, I glob toothpaste onto my toothbrush and lazily brush my teeth. I swipe through my instagram and like some stories. A countdown on one of my teammates' stories reminds me that i'll be in school in less than a week.

I sigh and spit into the sink, gargling mouthwash in my mouth after. I turn on my pink JBL speaker and connect it to my phone. I shuffle my favorited songs and step into the steaming hot shower. I don't care how hot it is outside, i'm not showering in cold water.

Stone Cold blasts through the bathroom and I bob my head to the melody in the background. I get more into it as the song progresses and grab a shampoo bottle to sing along with Mariah the Scientist.

"Said he calling from Atlanta say he miss me. Well, well, well. Guess you better send that private out to get me."

"You better 'well, well, well' your ass out the shower." My mom shouts through the vent connecting both of our bathrooms. I sigh and turn off the shower, reaching to wrap my green towel around my body.

I rub cocoa butter into my skin and slip on a pair of cotton underwear and my bra. I  hang my towel back up and walk back into my room with my speaker and my phone.

I rummage through my dresser and pull out my favorite pair of light-wash jeans. I slip them on and pair it with a white cropped tee and a green cardigan. I clip on my fake belly piercing while giggling at how stupid it is. There are 12 year olds walking around with belly piercings and my mom refuses to let me get mine pierced.

I go into my walk in closet and examine all the sneaker options I can pair my outfit with. My eyes stop on my pair of green and white dunks and I grin in excitement. Call me ms.put it on fr.

Picking up my phone, I stand in front of my full body mirror and snap a picture to post for my highlights.

I grab my tote bag and pump a few sprays of Miss Dior on my neck and wrists. "Avaia we gotta go." My mom shouts from downstairs. I grab my mascara and lip liner to do in the car and toss my phone into my tote bag before rushing out of my room.

AMARIA AVAIA HART
9:56 AM
I sigh in relief when I feel my braider Imani apply the cool mousse on my scalp. She laughs at my reaction and turns the chair around to reveal my freshly done goddess braids.

My face lights up and I turn my head to admire the length and curls. I pull my phone out and PayPal the remaining balance to Imani. She waves goodbye as I push open her door and exit the salon. I search up and down the street for my moms car and frown.