💙 Dummy 💙

Goggles x Reader

Where the story takes place: The Crust Bucket

Relationship Status: Good Friends

Angst, fluff, or smut: A little fluff 

Words to know: f/d (favorite drink)

~~~~~~~~

It was a sunny day, and you were getting ready to head out with your team. You were going to play a few turf wars, since the weather couldn't get any better. You quickly grabbed your outfit of choice,  your favorite snack, and headed out the door with your f/w. You quickly checked the time. 

9:30? I'll be early. Maybe I'll go grab a drink at the Crust Bucket. You quickly ran into the subway and got going.

When you got out of the subway, you squinted in the sun, wondering if any of your friends were around. It would be nice to talk to someone for a bit, after all. You found a clock and checked the time once more. It read 9:45, and you were supposed to meet up with your team at 10:10, meaning you had time to hang around the square. You chose to grab your f/d from Crusty Bucket.

You got in line and waited for a bit. When it was your turn, you ordered quickly and found a place to sit down. You took a seat in a folding chair and took out your phone, checking your text messages while you were at it. 

You had your team's contacts, of course, and the S4's too, mainly so your teams could meet up to discuss tactics to use in battle. And then there was the Blue Team. You had become good friends with them after competing in a turf war, but you had also gained a small crush on the fun-loving and careless Goggles. You couldn't help it, he was just too cute! 

You sighed contentedly and checked Inkstagram, when you heard a familiar voice behind you. Hey! Y/N! (your name). You turn in the direction of the speaker, finding Goggles yelling your name and smiling

You smiled back and beckoned for him to come over. "Hey Goggles!" You said. "What's up?" Goggles to a seat next to you and replied, "I was just going to grab something at the Crust Bucket when I saw you!" He smiled adorably, and you couldn't help but laugh. Why did he have to be so darn cute all the time? 

"What's up with you Y/N?" He asked back, snapping you out of your thoughts. " Nothing much. I just wanted to grab a drink before meeting up with my team." You replied. Goggles looked at the drink you were holding in your hand.

 "Hey, I love that drink! Speaking of which, what should I get off the menu?" You and Goggles talked for a while, learning that you both had a lot in common, including the fact that you both loved hanging out with your teammates. 

Goggles finally decided on what he really wanted, so he got in line, and you followed him. Then all of a sudden, while you were waiting in line, a pretty inkling girl your age walked up to Goggles

"Hey, hot stuff, aren't you Goggles from Team Blue?" she asked. Hot stuff?  You wanted to mentally gag, but you were sort of suspicious of the girl. And maybe... you were sort of jealous that she was brave enough to walk up to Goggles the way that she did? No way. You thought, frowning. 

"So, are you two, like, together or something?" The inkling girl asked. You could feel yourself blushing. You couldn't say yes, but for some reason you didn't want to say no. Goggles looked confused. 

"What?" He questioned. You hastily tried to explain what she meant. "Well, she means..." She stopped you before you could finish. "Just shut, it you piece of squit, you don't deserve him." 

You scoffed, offended, when Goggles asked me another question. " Hey, Y/N, what's a s-" You cut him off. " I'm just going to spare you and your innocent mind, okay?" He nodded, and the girl looked at him like he was crazy.

"Well, just wanted to tell you what a hottie you are." She smiled flirtatiously. "Actually, I'm not that hot. It's pretty nice weather today!" Goggle said while smiling.

You secretly agreed that he was hot, but you didn't say so. The girl was pretty much speechless at his dumbness.

" Umm... anyway, wanna go out sometime?" She asked. Goggles cocked his head. "But we're already outside." You brought your hand up to your mouth to hide a smirk. 

She looked really frustrated. "I meant... Never mind." She turned to you. "You and your dumb boyfriend can go to heck for all I care!" She stormed away, and you burst out in laughter. Then, you felt someone tap you on the shoulder.

 "Y/N? What's a boyfriend?" Goggles looked at you, and you started blushing uncontrollably. "Well, having a boyfriend or a girlfriend means that you're, well..." 

You looked away. "Two people are romantically interested in each other." Goggles nodded his head. All of a sudden, you felt him take your hand in his. "Y/N? Can I be your boyfriend?" You looked at him and froze. "Wait, what did you say?" 

He smiled, and you noticed he was blushing too. "Your pretty, smart, and funny, and I really like you." You couldn't believe what he just said. 

"And maybe today could count as a date? And all the other times we've hung out and gotten close to each other..." He realized he hadn't let you respond, the cute idiot. But that didn't matter. 

" I like you too, Goggles, you funny, innocent dummy." You gushed as you gazed into his blue eyes. Then, you brought him into a hug, and he hugged back, nuzzling his head into your neck. "Next!" You heard someone say, and you realized you and Goggles were next in line.

You waited as he ordered, beaming, with a huge smile plastered on your face. You saw Goggles grab his food, and you both headed back to your seat. But before you could sit down, Goggle put his food on the table and rushed to your side.

 He took you by the shoulders, and he suddenly brought his lips to yours, kissing you lightly. You slowly melted into the kiss, grabbing him around the waist, before remembering you were in public. You slowly backed away, looking him in the eyes.

 "You never did answer my question earlier." He looked at you questioningly, and you grinned. 

"Of course I want you to be my boyfriend." This time, you kissed him on the cheek, and he giggled. And all of a sudden he was telling you all the reasons he loved you, mentioning your protectiveness and your pretty eyes. Sweetheart!

Then, you remembered something. You looked around and found a hanging clock that read 10:07.  Oh carp. You thought. You would be late if you didn't get going. "I have to go." You said softly. 

For the first time ever, you saw him frown. "Really?" He said. and you nodded. "Okay, but one more thing." This time it was your turn to look at him questioningly. "What?" "Can we do that again soon?" 

You smiled mischievously. "Yes. I promise." You kissed him on the bridge of the nose before running off, blushing slightly. You knew for sure that this was one of the greatest of days ever.

Authors note: Hope you liked it! Since it's Thanksgiving break, I might not be able to write as soon as I hoped, since I'll be traveling. But I will try to finish writing more by next week. I would love to know your opinions as well. Anyway, I'm going to wrap it up. See ya, Kit Kats! ❤️ -Alpha 

Word count: 1215