𝟏

'𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎'         'new york city, new york'

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 blew lightly across the horizon as the bright lights of buildings and cars lit the dark sky. multiple sets of footsteps echoed onto the concrete; though not nearly as loud as the honks and profanities of the angry drivers that sat in the slow, on-going traffic. the four sets of feet moved in sync as the street lights shined brightly onto their glowing skin, showing their attractive assets clearly.

"aye lil mama in the orange! lemme get at you real quick, shorty!", a deep male voice yelled from one of the vehicles that sat closest to the sidewalk. the four women looked at the man who sat in the passenger side of a dark blue vehicle, sticking his head out the window. three of the four women turned their heads to the 'lil mama in the orange', aaliyah. looking at the male, aaliyah shook her head 'no' before continuing to walk with her friends.

"well fuck you then bitch! you ugly anyway!". the disrespectful words that fell from the males mouth caused aaliyah to simply roll her eyes, but one of the other three women, selena, turned around and walked back over to the male. "who the hell do you think you're talking to, perra?!", her heavy mexican drawl rolled off of her tongue as she marched her way up to his window. aaliyah, along with the other two women that stood next to her shared the same look amongst another, listening as selena and the male went back and forth.

"she's a minor you gilipollas! deja de acosar a las mujeres, perra!", cursing the man out in spanish, selena reached through the halfway cracked window and forcefully pushed her  fingertips into the males head.  "selena! cálmate, chica!", kalani, who happened to be aaliyah's sister yelled as she walked over and grabbed ahold of the angry females forearm. using a bit of force to pull selena away, kalani shook her head as aaliyah and the last remaining female, lauryn stood laughing.

"selena, yo ass is goin' to jail one of these days.", lauryn laughed along with aaliyah, and kalani who had cracked a small smile. "i'm sorry, chicas. i don't know who the hell he thought he was talking to, but definitely not my 'liyah.", selena mugged as she looked back at  the male, sticking up her middle finger. "ok, ok, y'all. that was funny, but remember we're supposed to be in professional mode. we could possibly get a record deal out of this meeting.", kalani reminded, getting the women back into their normal, collected personas.

before they were interrupted, the four women were on their way to meet someone who could change their lives within minutes. as some may know, the women were singers. they started off singing in church, then they moved to the streets of New York, where they were discovered by a small nightclub owner. he invited them to sing in his club, which turned into a nightly thing. one night, the unimaginable happened. the owner of RCA/Uptown Records, andre harrell appeared at the club. after hearing the four women harmonize together so smoothly and so in sync, he knew he had to have them on his label, and fast. which leads them to now.