28: Put Your Hands In The Air

"We're nearly there." Mori announced as they drove through an increasingly shady part of Kamino's Utagawa ward. Not that the area as a whole was all that nice. "You got a plan?". 

"Beat the shit out of them?" Taiya answered, but it sounded more like a question. 

"That's not a plan." Mori sighed, "At least not a plan A. That's a perfectly fine plan B, mind you. We need a real plan A though.". 

"You have super strength, I have super strength, do we really need more than that?" The student questioned. "We'll bust open the fucking wall if we have to.". 

"Okay, and when they outnumber us? When they use range attacks to keep us from even getting close? This is the league we're talking about, they're strong. Strong enough to subdue your whole class and several adults." Mori stressed, "We're outnumbered and outmatched, by a long shot.". 

"Well aren't you just the life of the party." Taiya huffed. "The only way to solve that is with ranged attacks, which neither of us can do. At least not without a support weapon.". 

Mori pulled up to the curb of a hill with the car facing downwards. "We're about two blocks away, so be prepared to run." He informed the teen, "You're lucky the agency equipped us so well! We've got this normal looking car with an armored interior all because you get hate mail from immature jerks.". 

"For once I might actually have to thank my anti's." The teen joked. 

Mori sighed and flopped back against his headrest. "What if it wasn't a support weapon?". 

"What?". Taiya gave him a confused look, not quite following. 

"What if it was a regular weapon?". 

Silence fell over the car. 

"Mori if you've had a gun this whole time and never told me that is so lame I would have had so many uses for-" 

"And that's exactly why you didn't know." The adult nodded to himself as he reached behind him under the driver's seat. He pulled out a silver case and popped it open, thankful for the car's one way windows. 

"How the hell did you get that in Japan? Is this even legal?" Taiya questioned. 

"Of course its legal! I'm not a criminal." Mori defended. 

"How the hell is this legal? Do you have any idea how few people are allowed to just have stuff like this?" Taiya continued, trying to figure out why the hell Mori of all people had these weapons. 

"You don't know everything about me." The man teased, casting a look over at Taiya. "Hey! Stop that, you don't even know how to shoot!". 

Taiya was already halfway through pulling out another silver case from under his own seat. He placed it on his lap and popped it open. "Woah." He exclaimed. "Are these things energy based?". Its design was more fluid and less like a traditional gun. It looked like it was supposed to glow in parts.  

"You're not allowed to touch that." Mori repeated, but it was too late, Taiya was already touching it. 

"Relax, I've handled firearms before. Training, safety courses, all that stuff. I've had professional sharp shooters teach me how to use stuff for scenes." He explained, waving the man off. 

"Scenes aren't real life.". 

"Yeah, but they gave me real life skills.". 

Taiya smirked at Mori as the man stared at him with a stern and hesitant expression before he sighed and relented. "Fine, but you get the small one." He said, swapping the cases.