32: Lend An Ear

"Congratulations on finally getting a real job.". 

Taiya rolled his eyes at Mori as he adjusted his staff badge. He was sitting on the couch across from Mori in the dorm. ILY and their manager were out on a music show, Taiya and Mori planned to watch it when it aired that night. "I'm not really a staff member. Mr. Choi just lied to the company and said the management team was one person bigger than it actually was to get the extra pass." He explained. 

"Still, as a member of staff myself, its very entertaining to see you with a badge like that." Mori laughed to himself. 

"See, I'm always entertaining." Taiya shot back, "That's why they pay me for it.". 

"Well right now you're getting paid to help out tomorrow, so what's your plan?" Mori asked. 

"Technically I'm not getting paid. I'm just sneaking in there and helping the staff out at the same time." Taiya shrugged, "The plan is just to travel with the rest of the staff, maybe move some boxes but mostly just stay hidden and hang out with the group.". 

"You're not even getting paid?" Mori looked flabbergasted. "Fuck, I'm pretty nice but I don't think I'd do an award show for free. Even when I go with you and its an acting thing or you're just attending its chaos. Helping performers?" The man shivered, "Can't even imagine it.". 

"Han-gyeol did mention that he thought it might traumatize me. But I've hosted award shows before, so it should be fine." Taiya shrugged. 

"Kid, you've got a big storm coming." Mori sighed. "Remember when you hosted the Emmy's and had to run from one side of the building to the other because there was a mix up with the cards?". 

"Yeah..." 

"That times twenty.". 

Taiya rolled his eyes. "You're overreacting.". 

"That's what they want you to think.". Taiya huffed indignantly at that. 

"I still think if you had just let me use the roller skates that I would have made it even faster.". 

"You would have broken your neck or something.". 

"But think about how fast I would have broken it if I had roller skates." Taiya said, his face dead seriously. That was the fun part about trying to outdo an actor, he could say anything with a straight face. 

"God those guys can't get back from their music show fast enough." Mori groaned, "Its great here, its like being able to drop you off at a celebrity playground and just sit on the sidelines while you dance around with the other kids-hey!". Taiya flicked Mori on the forehead for that one. 

------------ ------------ ------------ ------------- ------------- -------------- ------------- 

"Aizawa!". 

The teacher's head throbbed at the exclamation. The pain must have showed on his face, as Tsukauchi shot him an apologetic smile. 

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting you." The detective explained, "Take a seat, please. To what do I owe the pleasure?". 

"I think we both know that if I have to approach you like this it isn't for a pleasant reason." The teacher sighed heavily as he sat down in the chair opposite the detective. Tsukauchi didn't reply, the answer was obvious. "I have a favor to ask of you. Or rather one to collect.". 

The detective seemed surprised. Aizawa didn't ask for things, ever. No matter how many favors he did for others, he never collected on them. 

Honestly Tsukauchi didn't even know which time came to mind when Shota thought of collecting a favor for him. The underground hero had done countless things to help him out. He couldn't even count the number of times Aizawa had put himself in danger to retrieve information on his fingers.