29: Under The Rug

All hell broke lose when the media finally started reporting on Taiya's post. It was like a dam opening, every newspaper in the damn country was trying to investigate and figure out what the hell Enomoto Taiya, an actor had to do with the country's premier hero school. 

On top of that U.A itself was under fire for allowing a student to get kidnapped, for being the catalyst to the battle that ended Al Might and because so many of their students were involved in said battle. 

Fans of Taiya's had immediately, with the push from his now deleted post, identified him as the boy from the sport's festival who appeared to have enhanced strength. It had been at maximum eight hours since the news dropped, since Enomoto Taiya was identified as Tachibana Yuka and since All Might was forced into retirement by the resurgence of an old enemy. In that time, half of a city's downtown area had been totaled and Bakugou Katsuki, the U.A student that had been kidnapped had been recovered with leaked security footage showing it was almost certainly Taiya who rescued him. 

It was an absolute media circus in Japan, essentially.

Good think Taiya wasn't in Japan then.

Honestly, did you really think that someone with the problem solving skills of a goldfish with a hairbrush wouldn't flee the country if things got too bad?

You thought too highly of Taiya, if that was what you thought was happening. 

He hadn't even gone to the hospital, he had gotten on a jet immediately and left Japan the moment he dropped Bakugou off at the hospital. Mori had said he needed medical attention too, but Taiya hadn't said a word and just walked back to the car. The man wasn't really in the mood to throw Taiya over his shoulder and force him onto a gurney at that moment, so for once he let it slide. 

There was no point in really fighting Taiya on it. Besides, the poor kid looked shell shocked. He was watching his career, his image, his whole world come crashing down around him. 

While they walked to the car in relative silence, Taiya had shown his first sign of being conscious since they reached the hospital. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, stared at it for a few seconds and threw it against the ground with all the strength his quirk allowed him. 

He didn't even have to stomp on it afterwards, just throwing it had completely destroyed the thing. There was no retrievable parts left and Mori couldn't even tell if it had landed face up or face down. 

Knowing the actor well meant Mori's first thought was 'he hasn't backed up any of the stuff on his phone anywhere, except the photos'. But as Taiya stuck his hands in his pockets and walked right past it, like the near thousand dollar piece of technology he relied on meant absolutely nothing to him. 

Perhaps, it didn't mean anything to him anymore. 

Mori didn't question it, just got in the car and made sure to reverse over the device as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

You know, for good measure. 

-------- ------- ---------- ---------- --------- ----------- --------- -----------

The sunlight was warm and so comfortable. 

Taiya thought he should sleep on couches more often honestly. The pillows were soft and the blanket was one of those super fuzzy ones that felt like the best plushie ever had been turned into a blanket. God, Taiya had been so tired. He needed this, this relaxation, this rest. 

"What the fuck?!" 

Slowly Taiya's eyes opened. Not in the sleepy slow way, in the 'I'm about to kill this bitch' way. So much for peace and sleep.