Chapter 12

Celine was confused from the moment she woke up seeing Daemon sitting beside her bed, to the maids who cleaned her messy room and helped her dress, until the very moment she was standing inside the council room.

Rhaenyra was also there sitting along the Lords and the Queen while Celine was standing at the opposite where the Queen sits, waiting for a miracle that this torture will end. Heaving a sigh, Celine rolled her eyes, she wanted to stay inside her chambers and shun everyone out with her brother's death still fresh, she didn't want to see anyone.

The double doors opened and a knight announced a name.

"Prince Aemond Targaryen."

He confidently strutted across the room and stood beside Celine, while she held an emotionless face, he was smirking.

"Given the circumstances. It is clear with obvious evidence that Celine Stark is Daena Targaryen, the firstborn daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen." Alicent started, which earned a glare from Celine.

Murmurs and whispers immediately rang inside the room, Celine looked at Rhaenyra who smiled at her. Celine wasn't in the mood to be nice today, her brother just died, and the Queen confined her in her chambers, and now declared she was Daena Targaryen without telling her.

"I would like to propose a marriage." Alicent added, earning everyone's attention.

"What marriage?" Rhaenyra asked.

Everyone went silent as Celine noticed Alicent gave Aemond a look, and hell she didn't like nor want to hear it.

"I want to offer my hand and marry my niece, Daena Targaryen." Aemond confidently stated.

"Why am I not told about this? I'm her mother." Rhaenyra muttered.

Celine closed her eyes and slowly exhaled a breath. And now, a marriage – fucking hells. Celine scoffed, shaking her head. Opening her eyes, she noticed that everyone was looking at her. She turned towards Aemond and forced a smile.

"You have a hand on your own, marry it." Celine said.

"You're rejecting the marriage?" Otto asked, disbelievingly.

"Are you deaf?" Celine replied, raising her eyebrow and looked at him.

"Be careful with your tone, Lady Stark." He replied, glaring at her.

"Seems like old age damaged your hearing. I suggest you let a maester check your ear. The Queen just announced who I am, did she not?" Celine argued.

"You have no right..."

"I have every right to reject every marriage proposal offered to me. Are you the one they're proposing to, Lord Hand?" Celine countered.

"This marriage will benefit our family, keeping the bloodline pure." Alicent stated.

"Benefit the family or benefit you and your father? Like how you married your daughter to your son, Your Grace?" Celine answered.

"The same thing that your mother and father did." Alicent replied.

"This is my life and I'm the one who will decide who I will marry." Celine said, looking back at Aemond, "I would rather let Cannibal burn me alive than tied down to you, Your Highness." She added.

Unsheathing her dagger as she felt someone approached her, "Try it or your blood will spill on the ground." Celine said, eyeing Ser Cole.

"Is that a threat?" He asked.

"A promise." Celine replied, Ser Cole put his sword back as she turned towards them.

"By the order of the Queen, you will marry Aemond." Alicent declared.