Chapter 21

Everyone was standing around the painted table as night befall, Celine took off her scabbard and placed her sword at her side where she can grab it in case something happened, Luke and Jace standing at the other side and she standing between Rhaenyra and Daemon, Celine gave them a smile as their eyes landed on her which they both returned.

"It's no easy thing for a man to be a dragonslayer. But dragons can kill dragons. And have. The simple truth is this: we have more dragons than Aegon."

"Viserys spoke often of the Valyrian histories. I know them well. When dragons flew to war... everything burned. I do not wish to rule over a kingdom of ash and bone."

"Are you considering the Hightowers' terms, Your Grace?"

"As Queen, what is my true duty to the realm, Lord Bartimos? Ensuring peace and unity? Or that I sit the Iron Throne, no matter the cost?"

"That's your father talking."

Celine watched as Daemon walked towards the fireplace.

"My father's dead. And he chose me as his successor... to defend the realm, not cast it headlong into war."

"Well, the enemy have declared war. What are you gonna do about it?"

There was a brief silence after Daemon raised his voice. Rhaenyra stared at him for a few seconds before she ordered everyone to leave them. As the Queen ordered, everyone bowed their heads and obliged. Celine sighed and walked towards her room. But, before she entered her room, she felt someone tug on her dress, looking down it was Joffrey.

"My sweet, you were supposed to be asleep right now."

Celine stated and lifted him up as he reached out both his hands to her, a signal that he wanted her to carry him. Joffrey placed his head on her shoulder and hugged her older sister, closing his eyes.

"Can I sleep with you? I'm scared."

Celine nodded her head and patted his head, "Of course, why bother asking when you can come into my room and sleep here." She answered. She gently placed Joffrey on the bed, tucking him to sleep and pulled the blanket to him.

"Will everything be alright?" He asked, Celine looked at him and smiled.

"Of course, everything will be alright. This will end sooner than you thought. Now, you have to sleep." Celine replied.

Joffrey nodded his head and closed his eyes, Celine hummed a lullaby she heard and taught to her by Lyanna, Cregan's wife, when she was still young. Celine looked at the sleeping Joffrey, smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead. She carefully got up, silently placed her sword down, not wanting to disturb him, she can't idly sit by watching everyone on edge as fear and uncertainty clouded their eyes and can't no longer witness how Rhaenyra and Daemon fight that can potentially result in their loss. So, she did what she thought was best for them. She decided to visit each dragon, the dragons Daemon mentioned earlier – Vermithor, Silverwing, and the two wild dragons. She only hoped that after this she'd return alive and not be burned to death nor be eaten by one of those dragons. Celine was nervous, she knew that Rhaenyra doesn't want to go to war with the Hightowers but for Celine if they won't bend the knee to Rhaenyra, it will only bring more chaos that will lead to more casualties knowing Otto Hightower, and can also be the very cause of the blood Targaryen to end.

She heaved a sigh as she went to Cannibal, she needed the strength, the support she could get and the first thing she thought was Cannibal. They spent time together – too much - enough to know what they feel just by looking into each other's eyes. Cannibal softly growled as soon as she saw Celine.

"Hear me out."

Cannibal immediately hissed, causing Celine to chuckle.

"I know this is stupid." Cannibal bumped his head to Celine, "I also know that I'm walking towards my death." She added, earning a growl from Cannibal and his eyes looked straight into hers, "But, I want this to end. Please, help me. I know you know where the other two wild dragons reside. Can you please bring me to them?" She politely asked, Cannibal stared at her and seconds later offered his wing.