Chapter 17

It was the night after Rhaenyra came back from her tour and after Daemon was declared King of the Narrow Sea, returned to King's Landing on dragonback, and gave his crown to Viserys. Rhaenyra removed her jewelry, placed it on the table, and noticed a bag hanging on the chair and found a scroll of parchment with instructions leading her to a secret exit. Cloaked in a commoner's garb, the secret path leads her to Daemon, who escorts Rhaenyra out into the streets of King's Landing. Street performers dance with fire, some walking tightropes overhead, strangers making love just barely out of sight.

Rhaenyra and Daemon watch a street performance recounting her ascendance to heir apparent over Daemon. Rhaenyra, still in the disguise of a commoner, started jeering before walking away. Keen to unshackle herself from the burdens of royalty, Rhaenyra indulges in some classic horseplay: Stealing goods from a merchant. She runs off, Daemon following, until she turns a corner and bumps into a City Watch soldier. He recognizes her as the princess, but she begs him to leave her be. Seeing Daemon, the soldier lets them off.

Daemon reached out his hand which Rhaenyra took, and led her into a pleasure house. As she wandered at all the chicanery around her, her curiosity also grew as everyone was drinking – some drunk, dancing naked, and others serving drinks. Daemon led Rhaenyra into a much more secluded area of the pleasure house and both took what they wanted: each other.

He undresses her, kissing her niece and the two proceed to make out. Lust devoured both of them, Daemon lifted Rhaenyra up, their lips still connected with each other, hunger and passion in their kisses, Rhaenyra wrapped her legs to his waist, his hands on her back to support her. They eventually entered a room, Daemon slammed the door close with his feet as he placed kisses on Rhaenyra's neck – biting, nibbling, and sucking. Slowly placing her on the bed, Rhaenyra undressed her remaining clothing which Daemon also did.

Moans, groans, lewd sounds, and skin slapping echoed inside the room coming from the two, sweat and bruises from sucking each other's skin covered their bodies and the two shared a passionate night together.

Unbeknownst to them, in the wee hours of the night, a young boy informs both the Grand Maester and Otto Hightower that he saw Rhaenyra and Daemon at the pleasure house together. Daemon brought Rhaenyra back to her room before the first light, unnoticed. As the hand and a man who will do anything to see his grandson instilled on the Iron Throne, reports of Daemon and Rhaenyra's rendezvous, the news landing so harshly that Viserys questions his motives, shattering his faith to his aide.

Viserys confronts Daemon, who did not refute the rumors about him and Rhaenyra and came down asking for her hand in marriage. In rage, Viserys ordered Daemon to leave King's Landing and Rhaenyra marry Laenor Velaryon, as a means to mend the relationship between the Sea Snakes. Rhaenyra accepted the marriage as a duty, hours after their conversation Viserys sent moon tea to her room, to get rid of any unwanted consequences.

Rhaenyra eventually drank the moon tea and silently cried that night to her sleep. Days prior to her wedding with Laenor came by quickly, a royal celebration was held for Rhaenyra and her betrothed, the future king consort, Laenor Velaryon. Greetings, laughter, and inaudible conversations swirls inside the four corners of the throne room. 

Rhaenyra descends on the dance with her betrothed and is soon followed by others, the very same thing Daemon did and invites Laena Velaryon. Eventually, Daemon took Rhaenyra to the side and asked if she really wanted this, to which she responded with such anger in her voice. Before the night ends, everything went into chaos – screaming and yelping, the next second Ser Cole beats up Ser Joffrey, Laenor's lover, to death.

The supposed joyous wedding festivities ended so early and Grand Maester Mellos weds Rhaenyra and Laenor in the empty Great Hall. And what is supposed to be a spectacular royal wedding, the only guests are the parents from each side and Lord Strong. As days passed by, Rhaenyra noticed something changed in her body. She immediately called a maester and was later confirmed that she was pregnant with her first child.