Third

How could God be so cruel?

Alex watched Evangel cough blood on his bed, cold sweat appeared from his temple as his lips went dry.

"E-eva! " He shouted.

Tears formed at his eyelids and slid down with every move he made. He kept on wiping the blood that came out from her mouth.

He didn't care if her blood stained him, how could he worry about something when his lady was coughing blood in front of him.

Nov 6, Alex confessed to her but Evangel refused.
Nov 8 Alex tried again but failed.
Nov 10 he tried and failed

On his last try, Nov 16, Evangel gave up and accepted his confession. Later on, she found out that Alex never confessed to anyone before and if a girl confessed to him, he would just shoo them away or vanish.

She never knew he was this stubborn and didn't give up after three rejection.

Evangel smiled and touched Alex's face. His face was smudged with her blood but Alex held her hands gently.

"Did you know, today is my birthday? "

Alex didn't answer. He didn't know, but it was because Evangel never told him anything…

From her birthday to her age, his family and his disease.

"I didn't but can I show my birthday in advance? "

Alex smiled whilst tears kept flowing down to his cheeks.

Evangel smiled and nodded.

Alex picked her up and held her like a princess. He then wrapped her around with a blanket to warm her up.

They climbed the stairs.

With every flight of stairs, Evangel's life is lost.

At the rooftop, was a starry night sky with a beautiful line of aurora light. It was majestic, it looks like it came out of a fairy tale.

"Hey, Alex… ? "

"Yeah? "

"Could you embrace me? "

"... "

He didn't speak but just complied.

"I think this is the greatest gift I've ever received.. "

"... "

"In our house, they never look at me with a speck of interest. It was like I was just dust, I wasn't given any warmth nor anything… "

"... "

"In fact, I think this is the first gift I received… "

"... "

"Alex, thank you… "

Alex didn't reply, he just listened. He listened while letting her tears soak the blanket.

"Thank.. you. "

And with her last word, Alex's world came to an end.