Chapter 18

Author's Note

I sincerely want to thank everyone most especially my readers for taking time off their busy schedule to have a look at my work.
I also want to specially thank those that made the extra effort to vote. You have made my writing come to life.
Even as I still continue to write though there might be errors, but for you guys to continue to read, and even add on your reading list, i sincerely appreciate. And please don't stop.
__________

On with the story.****

                        Gwen's POV

Weeks had passed and Jacob and I had said nothing to each other. He improves on his grades, maybe he always had a brain but tried not to use it. Sometimes the teacher would come to thank me for helping him and I simply nodded. Penny on the other hand still had her eyes on Jacob but we heard she fucked other boys. Rumors right?
I also had some shit to figure out myself starting with telling Blythe the truth and saving myself from all the guilt. I also needed to get a job and earn money to take Mom away from that hospital. Right now, I didn't know whether it was love for her job, or my burden that still made mom stay there.

“Hey B!” I say as I sit on the opposite end to Blythe. She's engrossed in her notes she's copying to even look at me.
“Whats up?” she says still not looking up.
“Um.. nothing it's just” I breathed in.
“I slept with Jacob” I mutter. She drops her pen and begins to laugh. I still looked at her. She didn't want to believe me.
“wait. Your serious?”
Should I just play along or should I still continue to tell the truth? I fought those thoughts in my head.
I nodded faintly.
“Why? When? How?” she asks as she keeps her books in a corner.
“Im sorry I kept this from you. I was just guilty of everything going on.”
“Why'd you do it Gwen? Did he force you?” she asks looking intently at me.
I shook my head. “no” I breathe.
“It started on the night of Doris and Dave's party. The night we walked out together.. we had an altercation and it led to a kiss. Then.. weeks ago, the teacher put me on a task to tutor him, so he came to my house and then one thing led to another and we slept together.” I explain. She stays silent.

“Please say something" I beg.
“What do you want me to say Gwen? You slept with the enemy. I told you that he's probably slept with all the girls in this class and now.. you're no different.” her tone was weak and in defeat. I bend my head as tears gush out freely.
She runs my back.
“I know. But I liked him. At least I thought I did but, the night we had sex, he said something to me.” I say in between tears.
“What did he say?”
“Can't believe your a virgin” I sniff. “He said it like he was disgusted with me”
“That bastard!” she makes an attempt to stand but I stop her.
“He's not worth it. Just let him be. I will have nothing to do with him ever”