Chapter 24

Song for this chapter: Listen before I go by Billie Eilish

Blythe

I hated Jacob. His smirk, his looks and the fact that girls seemed to be at his beck and call just drove me insane. Perhaps having attention from a typical Playboy was all they craved and they were too shallow minded to see that.

His first real girlfriend was Penny. Match made in hell. She was the same as he was, toxic. Those two cos break up today and make up the next. And somehow he knew I hated him. He knew I was the only one who didn't succumb to his fantasies.

And then Gwen came around. Sweet girl. I loved her. How she didn't give a damn about what anyone thought and how she lived her life. We became friends the moment I said hi, and since turned inseparable. But Gwen liked him. She'd pretend she didn't care but deep down I knew she did, she cared about what he thought of her, looked at her and all that stuff. One of the mistakes she's reaping off till this day. She loved him. And everyday seeing him with Penny and how they would drown themselves in their fantasies made her heart churn.

The day she finally confided in me, I was torn. I specifically made her aware of the enemy, but she chose to fall for him. The only guy that would end up breaking her heart. She swore to me that she was never going to be used by him that she would have a mind of her own when treading with him.

  But the day she agreed to be his girlfriend, that day, she signed a pact with misery.