-Chapter Six-

I walked around for hours around the market making the same route around town over and over again. I sort of expected Tewkesbury to find me by now but I remained alone as I walked around. It eventually started raining so I stepped into a little tea shop and sat down. I ordered I steaming cup of tea and sat staring at the palms of my hands when I was interrupted.

"Excuse me but can I join you for a cup of tea?" A woman asked me as I heard a chair being pulled out.

"Sure." I answered as I looked up.

"Oh I could recognize that hair from a mile away. Dear are you lady y/n Crowe?" She asked once again.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked as I leaned forward.

"Your mother and I have been a part of a womans suffrage group campaigning for equal rights to all. I have a daughter your age. The two of you used to play before a certain marital agreement was made when you were five I believe." She said.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Eudoria Holms, and yes as in Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock is my son. I believe he took on your parents case?"

"Speaking of Sherlock, he never finished my parents case. Someone was hired from Basilwether to kill my family but nobody was caught. Now he's after me and my friend." I said.

"And your friend is the young Marquess of Basilwether I take it?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Well on another note why have you been wandering around the same four buildings all afternoon?" Eudoria asked.

"My opinion was shut down at supper and I was told to sit down and be quiet but I told him I wouldn't sit for a man who belittled my opinion just because I was a woman. I was locked in my room that night so I snuck out and flipped over the dinning table with my friend. I went back to my room and the next morning he came back to tell me to be glad I wasn't getting sent back to finishing school so I pushed him out and went to the market." I answered.

"That is a very valid reason to be upset dear. I was wondering if you wanted to take your mother's place in my group." She offered.

"I would love to take my mother's place but I have my own problems to attend to at the moment." I answered.

"Then you fix your problems and come to me when you're ready. How should I reach for you?" Eudoria asked.

"Clematis." I answered.

"Wisdom and mischief. Two things I see very clearly in you. Your just like your mother darling, but you possess the power to stand which was something your mother could never do in the light." She said as we stood.

"Thank you, but how should I know it's you trying to reach me?" I asked.

"Chrysanthemum." She answered then left the tea shop in the rain.

I went out a few minutes later and stood in the rain. Everyone around me was covering themselves somehow from the rain but I saw the beauty in the cold droplets. I let them fall over me coating me in a layer of water as I ran through the streets. I knew standing up for women's rights would get me somewhere even if no one appreciated the effort in the moment.

I made my way back to basilwether as I danced in the rain. My spirits had been lifted after meeting Eudoria Holmes. I entered the house leaving a puddle behind me as I went up to my room.

One of the servants drew a bath for me and helped me take off my soaking outfit. I sat in the warm bubble bath and closed my eyes. It was so calm and peaceful in my room. I was feeling a sense of anti gravity as I floated in the large bathtub.