-Chapter Eight-

I had been home for barely a week and I was already diving into trouble. Tewkesbury and I had developed a code that would be hard to crack.

We made the code to look as though it could be a math equation but isn't. We changed it so the number one starts on the letter E to confuse anyone testing the basic number to letter code. We only had to come up with code names now to keep our identities hidden.

"I'll be clematis since it is my favorite flower. It will be easy to tell who I am but it won't really matter if any unsuspected reader can't figure out the code." I said as I marked the top of the code sheet we had created.

"What about me? Shouldn't I have a part on the title?" Tewkesbury complained.

"Yes that's why I left space on each side of my name. Now what should your code name be?" I asked again.

We were currently in a flower field far from Basilwether so that we could speak in peace. The hot summer sun was blinding us with it's beautiful rays so we both laid under a parasol I brought along.

"How about Myrtle." Tewkesbury claimed.

"I assume you know the secret meaning of that plant." I said in an asking tone though it wasn't a question.

"It means love." He said as he looked over at me with his sparkling eyes. I couldn't help but smile at him as he smiled back at me filling me with peace.

"The Myrtle Clematis Code!" I announced as I handed him the paper.

After a few moments Tewkesbury nocked over the parasol and pulled me to my feet. He collected the paper and pencil we were using while I picked up the parasol.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he took my hand and began running.

"We're going to have fun. I'm tired of being stuck between my childhood and my adulthood. I just want to be children again." He said as we stopped at a hill.

"Tewkesbury, don't." I pleaded before he snaked his leg behind mine and leaned forward causing us to fall. He turned so I fell ontop of him and we rolled down the hill.

I tried to let go but Tewkesbury's arms were wrapped tightly around me not letting me go. Once we came to a stop I was ontop of Tewkesbury again. I rolled off of him as he let me go. We were both laughing hysterically as we got up of the grass.

We turned and noticed an older couple looking at us as we played. They were smiling and reminiscing on the days that they could run around carelessly in a field.

I waved before I was dragged by the hand by Tewkesbury once again. I lost my footing as he continued to run and I tripped. Thankfully I didn't get hurt but Tewkesbury quickly stoped and helped me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he didn't let go of my hands even though I was on my feet again.

Instead of responding I began running not letting go of his hands causing him to stumble. He almost fell but regained his balance and began chasing after me. I tried to outrun him but that proved to be imposable as I was tackled to the ground and tickled relentlessly by none other that Tewkesbury himself.

I was squirming for what felt like forever until the tickling finally ceased. I looked over at Tewkesbury and found him sprawled out in the grass beside me. I sat up and leaned over him resting my arms on his chest to prop my head up. He put his arms behind his head to prop his own head up so we were facing each other.

I smiled and tilted my head to the side as I looked at him. He took one of his hands and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. He rested his hand on my cheek and stroked it a few times before replacing his hand behind his head.