Chapter I

Chapter One

The only red witch who survived the doom was making her way to the place where she knew, other three Valyrian families made their home.
House Targaryen, House Velaryon and House Celtigar.
Over two hundred years had passed and she still had wandered in the ruins of Old Valyria. She remained unburned and untouched during those cruel times.
The daughter of Vhades Dragonlord, the most important Dragonlord of that time known for possessing the largest and oldest dragon who unfortunately passed along with its owner during the doom.

In Valyria there were no rulers, only many dragon lords, the ones who were in possession of a bigger or older dragon, had more power and their words were taken in consideration by the others.
She never had any passion for dragons, only magic, so she had never bonded with one.
Her mother was a princess from Yi Ti, the youngest daughter of The Opal Emperor, she immigrated on the Valyrian peninsula after The Opal Emperor was succeeded by his daughter, the Amethyst Empress. Their brother slew their sister and usurped the throne, an event which is remembered as the Blood Betrayal. He proclaimed himself the Bloodstone Emperor and began a reign of terror, practicing dark magical arts and necromancy. He cast down the true gods to worship a black stone which had fallen from the sky.
Now Bu Gai, seventeenth of the azure emperors was the ruler, he was known for the little amount of power he was holding despite being a ruler, he couldn't even compare to the old god-emperors of Yi Ti.

The only time she had ever seen a person in Valyria after the doom was a little girl who was brought by her dragon there.
The lands were still extremely dangerous, even for the witch, she couldn't get near the white haired girl, fearing her dragon, who seemed to be at a small size from what she was used to. His scales, wings and even his fire was black, she indeed found it interesting to see a dragon after such a long time.
That was the time when she understood that there were still Valyrian Houses who survived, she only needed to learn, where.

In 129 AC, she noticed the presence of another dragon giving Valyria a whirl, flying around and from time to time taking a break to devour the animals that he was bringing with him.
Once she finally got closer to him, she observed his pale gray-white skin, the color of morning mist.
The few times she tried to approach him, he avoided her, flying away.
She had noticed the few fishes that were remaining in his way once he was living, notably more than bones of any other animal.
When he had returned, he found as many fishes that would be able to feed an entire village with, he knew that the girl who wouldn't give him peace had left them for him.
The dragon chose to ignore them and fly high in the blue sky, until his eye found her silhouette. That was the day he had let himself be claimed, a wild dragon who for so many years remained unclaimed, known for his shyness, found the one to finally bond himself with.

The witch fled that year across the jade sea first, to Yi Ti hoping she would find other dragon riders there.
At that time, the sea snake was on one of his great voyages, and of course, a dragon would have been the rarest sight he would have expected to see in the YiTish lands.
He was very well familiar with the Grey Ghost because he preferred to feed on fish and was often glimpsed flying low over the narrow sea, snatching prey from the waters and would often notice him in his voyages, but not so far away from home, how the dragon's lair was at Dragonstone.
And not only was the dragon alone, he had a rider this time, a young woman with long red hair, braided in a few sections and some parts left freely falling down her shoulders.
She wasn't flying very high so she could have been easily noticed by everyone, flying above the jade sea, coming from the Valyrian lands.