Chapter 20: Flashback

***
SUMMARY:  Kageyama has a flashback. Hinata is there to comfort him.

***
A/N:

CW: The flashback is to a traumatic event but content of flashback not described at all, only the character's reaction to it

This takes place on the same day as the previous chapter. I just felt that the content really warranted its own chapter.

***

That night, Hinata and Kageyama decide to go back to the club and they invite Akaashi and Bokuto to join them. Akaashi is ready to blow off some (more) steam after a stressful day working on his college essay, and Bokuto is always down for drinking and dancing.

Hinata and Akaashi dress in their apartment and go to meet their boyfriends. Hinata is wearing gray dress pants and a white button down shirt, several buttons open at the collar, his chest tattoo peeking out. He's got the sleeves rolled up, displaying his buff, inked forearms. He looks ready to dance. Akaashi is dressed in a fitted black t-shirt and tight black jeans. The dark clothes and his dark hair make his pale skin look luminous.

They arrive at their boyfriend's apartment a while later and are let in by a bubbly Bokuto.

"Hey hey hey," he says, giving Akaashi a kiss as he enters the apartment. Bo is wearing jeans and a ridiculously tight t-shirt, but he still looks sexy as sin, Akaashi thinks. Of course, Akaashi thinks Bo looks sexy as sin in anything.

Or nothing.

"Hey, Shoyo-kun. Tobio-kun is not quite ready."

"Oh, okay, thanks."

They chat in the living room until Kageyama comes out of his bedroom. Hinata's eyes are drawn to him like moths to a flame. He is wearing a light blue button up shirt and dark, fitted jeans. A perfectly normal, everyday, outfit.

Hinata thinks he looks like a snack.

"Hey, babe. You look really good," he says when Kageyama gets close enough. Hinata is pleased to see a light pink flush to his boyfriend's cheek. He notices Kageyama's eyes rake over his exposed arms and chest, and swears the flush deepens, but then Kageyama just clears his throat and asks, "Ready to go?"

They arrive at the club and manage to snag a table. They have a couple of rounds of drinks to loosen up and then Bo and Hinata make their way to the dance floor, leaving their boyfriends behind to watch and admire.

Sitting together, Akaashi and Kageyama are the twins of temptation to every guy there. Dark hair, blue eyes, pale skin, perfect, handsome, gorgeous faces, smoking hot bodies. They are approached by at least a dozen guys, and much to Kageyama's relief, Akaashi brushes them off with little effort, stating, "Sorry, we're here with dates."

They don't talk a whole lot and just busy themselves with their drinks and watching their boyfriends dance. Bokuto's style is more jumpy and hyper, while Hinata is more smooth and sultry. Akaashi and Kageyama both stare unabashedly, both lost in thoughts about what awaits them in their beds when they get home.

The dancers come back for a break and another drink. Kageyama has had three drinks and he is already feeling pretty lightheaded, given that he doesn't drink all that much and can't hold his liquor very well. The rest are three drinks in and largely unaffected.

While they sit at the table, Kageyama has his hands on Hinata's thigh, because there is no better place for his hands. Hinata is nuzzling his neck and whispering lewd promises into his ear, making Kageyama blush. Akaashi and Bokuto are much the same except Akaashi is straight up palming Bo's dick under the table.