4. Bail out!

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But kya karu, it's your behavior that got me. And now tell me was I right? Or was I wrong? You see, I'm not delusional and I don't force my theory on someone's throat. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and explore other options. Only then can we confidently say that this option is right, isn't it Mr. Ashish? Unlike you, of course," she raised her eyebrows smirking even though her lips hurt as she did so. Thanks to the slaps that rewarded her with a torn lip.

"Everyone, disperse, now!" A command from Ashish and everyone went out.

"Hmphh! Afraid your little secret will come out?" Khushi smirked.

"You Bitch!" Ashish raised his hand to hit.

***

"Hello, Inspector-hmm..Maithili, right?" Maithili frowned at the new voice.

"Yeah, I'm. And you're?" she looks at a man dressed in black and white.

"I'm Advocate Shyam Manohar Jha. Can I talk to your IP(Incharge of Police) here?" he mutters politely.

Maithili, who was checking him out, after a heartful interrogation nods with a sigh.

"Wait a minute here. I'll have to inform Sir," she gestures to him to sit on the visitor's lounge and Shyam Manohar Jha makes his way towards it.

He thought, without him, his team would be able to bail out his to-be-sister-in-law, Khushi, but turned out, he had to step in for the further process.

Shyam Manohar Jha, when he steps in, the process has to be moved forward without much delay, he's smart, and as smart as he was, he's cunning too in his own manipulative way, a lawyer's trait had to be developed inside him as soon he hit the cases after cases.

***

"Sir, Advocate Shyam Manohar Jha is here and insisted to meet you," she informs their IP, Abhishek Mehra.

"Sure. Send him in." Abhishek had his gaze on the case file as he mutters gesturing to her with one of his hands.

"Okay, Sir." Maithili salutes him and walks away sighing on the way, taking her phone out to check any messages.

***

"Here's the bail for Ms. Khushi Gupta." Shyam Manohar Jha hands over a file consisting of bail papers.

Abhishek checks them and verifies them with his officers in a few minutes.

"Anything you'd like to drink? Tea or Coffee?" Abhishek asks, for the sake of formality.

"No, thank you, Mr. Abhishek! I'm fine." Shyam Manohar Jha is here to bail out Khushi, and no Tea or Coffee can give him that satisfaction. So, he had to deny him simply, and he did just that.

"Everything is fine, and I've completed the formalities too," an Inspector comes into the room, handing over the Bail Papers to his Sir.

"Thanks, Inspector Hitesh. You may go." In Abhishek's language, it was clear get out, just that it's more... formal.

"Come with me," Abhishek after taking a copy of it, files it in case of a file, as he gets up to walk through the corridor to the jail Khushi was kept in.

Shyam follows closely behind Abhishek, observing some prisoners who were in the garden, following up on the tasks given by the police.

He hoped against hope Khushi was in better condition.

He knows how police treat the accused, irrespective of laws and truth.

Well, most of them...and that's why they're police.