Lost Without You

This chapter is based on Lost Without You by Freya Ridings

Strangers rushing past
Just trying to get home
But you were the only
Safehaven that I've known
Hits me at full speed
Feel like I can't breathe
And nobody knows
This pain inside me
My world is crumbling
I should never have
Let you go

Fallon taps her right foot impatiently while waiting for the elevator to arrive. To her left, she hears someone clear their throat. At her side eye, she can see Culhane looking up and down at her.

“What?” she asks annoyed with him.

He shakes his head. “Nothing. I’m just wondering if it’s Halloween already” he shrugs.

“I don’t know what you mean” she replies in a tone that doesn’t leave space to arguments but he eyes the basket she’s caring next to her ribs, full of expensive chocolates and candy, a bottle of wine and a bowl of popcorn.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that the only time of the year I see people with baskets filled with chocolates is on Halloween”

She exhales, clearly irked, turning to him. “This dress looks like a costume to you?” she gestures to her Dolce Gabanna dress.

He analyzes her black slip dress, hugging every curve in her body, stopping near her knees and leaving little to imagination. “I don’t know. I thought that maybe you were trying an Angelina Jolie kind of vibe, in the Mr. & Mrs. Smith? Or a bond girl” he guesses tilting his head and she turns back to the elevator, wondering how long would it takes to arrive.

“What are you doing here anyway?” She questions changing the subject and he pretends he doesn’t notice.

“I live here”

She shakes her head. “You’re a billionaire, just go buy yourself a house”

“Says the person that still lives at her father’s house. The question is, what are you doing here? Because I know Sam left with Kirby an hour ago to some party”

Fallon stays quiet, not wanting to reveal her reasons, embarrassed to tell them to her ex fiancée but at this point, she was past the point of hiding her shame.

She turns to him again, cracking up a wry smile. “I’m here to try to win my husband back. Are you satisfied now?”

“Oh, now I get it” he nods “Except for the basket part” he points it out.

She sighs, shifting again, not in the mood to face him anymore. “That’s not up for you to get, so don’t even try”

They stay in silence for a few seconds before Fallon blurts out. “Aren’t you happy we didn’t get married?” She asks holding the basket tightly.

It’s been awhile but Culhane still can tell when Fallon is not okay, and that moment was one of those. Her tone and her voice gave her sadness away and he knew that was not the time for jokes.

“Fallon” he calls and she moves her head slightly to her left, letting him know he had her attention “I don’t know exactly what happened, but just let time do it’s thing. I’m certain that soon enough he will be back to you”

“I messed up. How can you be sure of that?” She asks insecure and he smiles.

“You’re Fallon Carrington. You always get what you want” he replies confident but she shakes her head.