Glow of Silver

The blood stained the fur on my back, once white as snow now crimson. I was in to much of a hurry to get home and ran into barb wire the Voodoo's set up randomly in our woods. The Voodoo's were the enemies to our EXO pack. A war broke out years ago and made us enemies. No one knows the source of this war but it happened long long ago. We just don't trust each other and always keep an eye out.
Having this cut on my back really sucks now though because I'm already late to get home and now I have to walk out rather limp. So, I shifted back to human and walked with my weight against the trees as I did so. In the near distance I could see the branches that made the mouth of the cave. The cave itself was made from tree trucks and branches.
I could see Lay sitting against a tree worried as I approached. He heard my foot steps and jumped to his feet quickly running his way to me.
"Mavi! Your late again, what happe-" Lay's words got stuck in his throat as he saw blood trickling from my arms. "Mavi what in the world!" He rushed to my side and I slumped to the ground. His eyes found their way to the slit in my back and he quickly set a hand on the wound.
Lay's silver ring glow in the dark dense forest heading my back. I sighed in relieve as the pain slowly faded.
"What happened to you Mavi?" He asked gently.
"I was in a rush to get home and ran into some of the barb wire..." I trailed off my eyes locked on the ground.
"Oh..." He exhaled.
"Yeah."
"You weren't... snooping around the Voodoo's territory again...were you...?" Lay asked shifting in front of me locking eyes. I fell silent because I was. He paused and sighed knowing my answer. "You know that's against the rules of the pack... and you know Kai is gonna have a word with you...and not a good one...this is the third time Mavi..."
"I know, I know... I just can't help it..."
"What is so intriguing over there to you..."
"I don't know I just want to know more about the eenemy I guess..." Sighing i stood up and stretched a bit.
"Well let's just get you inside and... clean..." Lay spoke quietly.
Lay walked me into the cave, no one was there to be seen, they had all went to bed already. We walked to my room's door next to Tao's and Beakhyn's. I opened the door and stood in the doorway.
"I'll wait in my room while you wash up and stuff and then we can go see Kai together." Lay sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
"Lay you don't have to do that for me." I looked his in the eyes sadly.
"But I'm going to because I care about you." Lay ruffled my hair and smiled. "Besides your to cute to be alone with Kai." He chuckled before cupping my cheek with his right hand and kissed my forehead.
"Thanks." I said as he pulled away.
"Mhm, see you in a bit." He smiled, winked, and walked away.
I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. My bed sat in the corner of the room and my dresser saw across from the foot of the bed and my TV on top of it. Walking over and reaching in, I pulled out a sweater and sweat pants. Then standing in front of my door I looked into the long mirror that hung on the back of it.
My brown hair had white streaks through it. My eyes sparkled lavender. My clothes I had on, a bloody mess. I stripped down and just took a towel wiping the blood off my back and wherever else it had ran. Finally I got dressed and threw my long hair up in a messy bun. Just as I was about to leave the door opened and in came a low grumble.
"Mavi, we need to talk. Again." Kai walked in and shut the door behind him.
"Well hello to you too Kai." I responded annoyed already.
"You were snooping around again weren't you?" He asked talking a step to me. I stretched my arms above my head leaning up aagainst the wall.
"Yeah.." I spoke softly letting my arms fall back to my sides.
"This is the third time and I'm tired of telling you to knock it off!" Kai yelled and got up in my face.
"Kai I'm sor-"
"Your obviously not because you keep disobeying me! Your Alpha!" His right hand punched the wall of branches next to my neck. His left hand he set on my other side taking a deep breath trying to calm himself as I shivered slightly. "You need to listen to me..." Kai looked deep in my eyes and locked his sorrowful gaze on me.
"Kai... I promise... it won't happen again..." I was looking him dead in the eyes and took deep breaths. His right hand found its way to my cheek and and stroked it softly. Anger was brought to his eyes again.
"It better not." His thumb clawed me. The wolf in his throat growled as he pulled away from me and the blood started to roll off my cheek to the floor. He glared at me, turned and stormed out leaving the door wide open.
Lay and Tao stood in the hall, Tao a surprised look and Lay a worried look. I just shook my head looking to the floor and closed the door silently. Turning off the lights I walked to my bed and layed down. My soul sunk scared and guiltful. A tear slipped from my eye and I fell asleep surprisingly sound.