Chapter One: Ohayou, Sayori!

*BEEP*

    *BEEP*

    Sayori groaned as the alarm blared, reaching over to turn it off.

..

....

......

     Sayori really didn't want to get up for school. Everyday was the same, go to class, have lunch, go to more classes and go to the literature clu- The Literature Club! That's right, she completely forgot, her and Monika were going to try and recruit new members and Sayori was supposed to bring the flyer's!

      Sighing, she tried to hype her self up and got out of bed. Grabbing the flyers and slipping them in her backpack, she checked the time and rushed down the stairs. Popping a piece of bread quickly in the toaster she ran to her bathroom.

    Sayori opened the top drawer, pulling out a brush and her red bow.

     Recently, she'd been getting up later and later, resulting in her having to run around..

     Combing her hair and quickly putting her bow on, and brushing her teeth probably at the speed of light. Grabbing her toast, she opened the door and bolted down the sidewalk. If she was lucky, she'd be able to catch up to Mc!

..Wait.

      Did she grab her homework?-... Whining, Sayori turned around and ran back to her house.

————————-

"Mcccccccc!" A voice cried out from the sidewalk.

      Mc sighed, his hand hovering over the walk button as he looked back to see his childhood friend run up.

      "I!.. huff- Caught up to!- pheww- You this time!" Sayori practically wheezed out, puffing out her chest with a lop-sided grin. Mc snorted, holding back a laugh.

     "Ya sure did Sayori." He murmured, ruffling her hair.

    A car honked loudly making them both jump, realizing they could cross now.

   "Sorrryyy!!" Sayori called as they ran to the other side.

    "Phew!- That was close!" Sayori chortled, ambling down the side walk.

...

   "Sooooo..." Sayori started, but was cut off before she could finish.

   "What do you want Sayori?" Mc grumbled.

    "E-ehhhh?? W-what do you mean?" she chuckled nervously, pressing her pointer fingers together.

    "C'mon."

    "..Okayyyyy... Well.. I was gonna ask if you had joined any clubs yet." Sayori admitted, walking a tad bit faster as they approached school.

    "..No?" Mc answered, glancing at her confused,
"Why?.."

    "Because you said you were gonna join one!" Sayori exclaimed, stopping to stare at him earnestly.

    "Did I?.." It was definitely possible he had agreed to something like that during one of Sayori's consistent ramblings. Usually Sayori forgot about whatever he'd absentmindedly agreed to, but something told him that she wasn't going to let this one go.

"Well you should! Maybe it'll bring you some joy Y'know?" Sayori huffed, "And, as your friend your happiness is really important to me.." she added sympathetically.

"Jeez Sayori, you don't have to get all worked up over it-.. I'll.. Join a club. I promise." Mc said, resting his hand on her shoulder. "Now c'mon, we're gonna be late!"

"Oh, right!"

—————-
(Don't ask how many times skips there'll be...)

     Practically running down the hall, Sayori rounded a corner and up the stairs. Stopping to catch her breath Sayori leaned against a wall.

     Glancing at her surroundings, Sayori peered into one of the windows of the classrooms. Sitting there all alone, was a mysterious girl. Long purple hair flowed down her back and over her shoulders, like a waterfall of lilac's.

     In her hands was a thick, hard-covered, book. Turning the page she seemed to be unaware of her surroundings, complete concentration on the chapter as her lips parted slightly.

     Sayori felt herself staring at the girl probably longer than she should have. She had a very pretty and elegant face, with soft lavender eyes.

     Shaking her head, Sayori realized she was still late for the club. Continuing to run down the halls toward her destination, leaving the purple-haired girl behind, still enthralled by the mysterious book.

(POV switch to Monika)

Monika rubbed her eyes, blearily staring at the paperwork stacked on the teachers desk. Well, stacked might be a exaggeration but.. Monika was just so, so, tired.. And this definitely wasn't helping..

It would be worth it. When she finished, she wouldn't have to do any more paper work! And then her and Sayori could work on recruiting members.

Speaking of Sayori... Where was Sayori? The bubbly girl hadn't shown up and it was getting quite late..

As if on cue, Sayori burst through the door, and stumbled over to the teacher's desk.

"Ah, right on time Sayori! Well if you count 32 minutes late on time.." Monika said with a light hearted giggle, propping her head on her hands.

"32?! Ohhh, I'm so sorry Monika! I was helping the teacher clean up and then I promised my friend to help clean out her locker and I just lost track of time!" Sayori frantically explained, earning another light giggle from Monika

"Really though Sayori, it's okay! You don't have to apologize, if your late to club it's fine." Monika reassured Sayori, giving her a earnest smile.

"I know but this club means so much to you and I promised to bring the flyer's and-"

"It's okay Sayori, really. If you're helping somebody or doing something else it's alright. I wouldn't take it personally either way, then I'd just be being petty." Monika sighed, "Remember, you don't have to say sorry if you don't need to."

"Right.. Well.. I can at least help you put all these flyer's up today! Er, well, maybe not all of them.." Sayori said, tacking on the last part.

     "I have a little more paperwork to finish, and then we'll be right on it." Monika promised.

"Okay!" Sayori smiled, sticking out her hand towards the desk, "On 3!"

"..On 3 what?-"

"On 3 Doki Doki Literature Club!" Sayori reinforced the 'Doki Doki' with a grin.

"Doki Doki?.."

"Just put your hand in the middle.."

"Alright." Monika giggled, placing her hand over Sayori's.

"1.."

"2..

"3!"

"Doki Doki Literature Club!" They both shouted, one erupting with giggles a little more than the other.

—————————-

Phew! Who knew writing 1,000 words would be so challenging? Speaking of which, just made it to 1,000 with the word count being 1,001! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and will stick around! The next two chapters will likely be Sayori and Monika recruiting Natsuki and Yuri, and maaaybe Mc.. But for now that's it! Little 'side-note', here's a little fun fact of the chapter! A shrimps heart is in its head. :) Anywho, have a lovely day/night!