Water

(Author here, I'm sorry it took so long for an update. I got caught up in school and life stuff. I hope you guys enjoy this short chapter.)

Fawn held Nyx close to her as the phantom pain of the iron licked and bit at her skin small sobs forced their way through her chest, the memories would sometimes keep her up at night when the days have been stressful. Then soft, gentle hands ran over Fawn's scars, Nyx's voice whispered, "Easy little Fawn easy. You are safe. I promise you that." The scout's eyes trailed the tan skin of Fawn's back, her fingers tracing each mark. Fawn shifted slightly to look up at Nyx, tears flowing freely as Nyx wiped some away.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with me like this. I should be caring for you rather than you caring for me at the moment." Fawn's voice was soft as she said this, her hand tracing the bandages on her lover's hand. "It's okay, love, you don't have to care for me if you're still healing yourself," Nyx replied, pressing a kiss to Fawn's cheek. A small, thin frown was there.

Nyx felt the primal presence of her wolf come out a little in a protective way. She held Fawn close to her, not wanting to let go. Her mind went dark as she felt the fur cover her skin, but that was it, no teeth or claws, just warm fur shielding both of them.