I Wish You Well Nana... 2

Tomoko's POV:

Nobu froze, not a sound. In Ko-Go, you call that a death sentence. And even I haven't been to the cafe, that many times. But I have never seen Takumi step foot into such a place...

Alone

And we're close like that.

Nobu continues to watch, frantically he turns his head. Beading his eyes back and forth. Like it's his first. Subtlety, Nobu's hands shake. Taking one shot, and a cigarette in another hand. Everyone else, just passes by. And we watch. Takumi situates himself with the bar. And nothing else. Nana's still gone....

Quickly, and like a stranger, Tomoko says the first words. Taking a cigarette, and searching through her bag, avoiding everything.

"....Has anyone got a lighter?"

And like that, Shin and Yasu flinched, and they both look at Tomoko. Like everyone did, and everything but Nobu, fell. They sit silently without a word. And not even Nobuo himself, moves....

A second passes by and automatically, Nobuo pushes back his chair, and leaves. Not. A. Sound. Not even a little stranger. And so, the entire table stares.

What feels like an entire minute passes by, until Tomoko left from her seat and walked out of Ko-Go. Not a glance, not a sound, not a word, not a single thing. About it....

Then, they dart for it.

Tomoko runs out the door, and looks around the street. Looking for nothing. Nothing at all. And there, for thr first time in their life. Everything stands still. And they say nothing about it, she turns a corner and starts walking right down fourth district, Shibuya. Walking endlessly, and with enough time to even come to think. "Why am I chasing after a stranger?". "But...Who else will now?" She turns around, and thinks back to the door, Ko-Go. I guess I should've said nothing....I'll try and repay now.

Tomoko crosses a street and onto the road, waiting. Thinking about nothing. "The day was going so well though..." She thought.

"....And I still act like I should have never stepped foot, in BlackStones. In Ko-Go....." -

Suddenly, a hand touches Tomoko's shoulder and she jumps. Turning around, she realises it's Nobu's. He looks worried.

"You came looking for me?" Said Nobu, lately.

Tomoko tries to find a response, to no avail. To nothing. "Sorry..." she replied, dryly.

Nobu shifted his feet, glancing to the ground and back to Tomoko.

"...Why didn't you stop me" said Nobu, without thinking.

"Huh!!?" Tomoko replied.

Then, the crossing sign turned red, and Nobu and Tomoko darted for the side walk. No words, stiff. Not even any of them both, dare, to look. But now, the street forces them to face each other.

They stare

"Nobuo...." said Tomoko, like a light switch. Realization.

"Did Takumi do something no one has told about? To me....?"

"No"

said Nobu, like I should have known. Like I already know. And I do....Like an idiot.

Then. Does it actually hit me. Like a gun. ".....I should have never mentioned Ren's death to you" Tomoko realized, finally.

A car rushes by them both.