chapter 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

ᵍʳᵒᵘᵖⁱᵉ

˚₊‧꒰ა 🎤 ‧₊˚

[ an offer ]

📍𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟷

𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐧. Ever since his assumption upon the offer from the band, the four have grown strong friendships. 

Freddie has been extremely happy as of late, seeing as he and Mary have been together for almost a year now, and the band has been extremely successful. And of course, his Y/N, who had officially graduated university with a law degree and a strew of suitors in her wake. 

Freddie glanced up at the sound of a horn honking, finding the three other bandmates and myself sitting in the van. He got up, glancing around before tapping the small hood. "You're late."

"Yes, well you can blame Roger," you stated as he hopped inside. "Apparently his hair wasn't 'swept' enough."

"You know, I think you're actually enjoying the swept look," he countered. "That's why I go to the lengths of maintaining it."

"Good god," you sighed.

You breathed in the fresh air, looking at the open fields surrounding you. In any other situation, you would've enjoyed the scenery and nature around you, but when the van was not moving with a broken tire, dumping you in the middle of nowhere... you tend to preoccupy your mind with the uncertainty and the humidity. 

A tractor rolled past as Roger complained, "This is bollocks!" He was snacking on a sandwich to keep his mind at ease, often offering you a bite, to which you declined. 

John grunted as he continued fixing the van tire when Brian passed with a very helpful insight, "It's uh...it's counterclockwise, I think you'll find, John."

"Oh, is it? Thank you, Brian. Would you like to do it? Please, feel free."

"No, no, no. You're doing a good job," he said, holding his hands up in surrender. John nodded with a sarcastic smile, going back to the tire. 

"We sold out every pub and Uni in south of Glasgow, and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, eating a ham sandwich!" Roger griped.

"Trouble is, we're just not thinking big enough," Freddie shrugged as John halted his work on the tire, leaning against the car with his friend. 

"What have you got in mind, bubs?" you asked from beside Brian. 

"An album."

"We can't afford an album," John said through tired breaths.

"Oh, we'll find a way. How much do you think we can get for this van?"