chapter 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

ᵍʳᵒᵘᵖⁱᵉ

˚₊‧꒰ა 🎤 ‧₊˚

[ live aid ]

𝐑𝐮𝐟𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐩 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐞.

Sitting beside Roger and the rest of the band, yourself and your husband could only watch with smiles as your son played with Brian's fingers, the curly-haired man cooing in awe of the boy. You glanced up, finding Jim watching the exchange with a warm gaze. "Would you like to meet him?" you asked.

The man's eyes widened, and he shared a look with Freddie, who merely offered him a soft smirk, prompting the man to stand up from his spot, moving over to sit on one of the chairs beside you. Brian greeted him with a pat on his back, as Jim looked at the little boy.

"Rufus, was it?" he queried.

You nodded with a small smile, hoisting Rufus higher in your arms, causing his eyes to move onto the new man with a tilt of his head. "This is Jim. He's a very nice man," you whispered into his ear.

Jim chuckled softly, reaching his hand out, and slowly but surely, Rufus reciprocated the action, wrapping his chubby little fingers around his with a giggle. "Hello, little bugger," he greeted with a laugh.

"He already likes you," you observed. "I've always said Rufus has a sixth sense on these types of things. Can smell a good person from a mile away."

"He must've gotten that from his mother," Jim complimented, causing another smile to grace your lips.

A knock at the door had everyone looking up, and Jim moved away from you and Rufus to open the door, where you found Mary and David. The girl smiled kindly at the man, before Brian greeted from beside the door as he poked his head out. "Hello, Mary."

"Hi, Brian. We just came to wish you good luck," she grinned.

"Hello, my love," Freddie said, bending down to press a kiss to both of her cheeks.

"Hi."

"Mary, David," the singer started, placing a hand on his partner's back. "This is Jim. Jim, Mary and David."

Jim smiled softly, leaning down and shaking the couple's hands. "It's nice to meet you. Hi."

"Hi," David grinned with a nod.

Mary sent Freddie a mischievous smile, as the man shook his head with a silent chuckle. "I'll see you after." She nodded in confirmation, before her and David left for the backstage. Freddie shifted his gaze to Jim. "I don't think you're gonna be able to see anything from here. Join them."

"I think I should head out too," you said, glancing down at Rufus. "We can see Aunty Mary."

The boy giggled, clapping his hands excitedly as you slowly stood up. Roger grasped onto your hand, placing his lips to it with a smirk, before the two of you met in a soft kiss. You whispered a wish of luck to him, and he thanked you gently, before ruffling Rufus' hair with a chuckle and a wave. Jim stepped out of the caravan, before offering you his hand. You thanked him, grasping onto it, and linked your arm with his as the pair of you followed after Mary and David.