Chapter 19

Nat pov

After Y/N had passed away, we carried him up to the lab as we waited for Shuri to work her magic so Wanda could destroy all of the stones so they wouldn't fall into the wrong hands again. But I dreaded telling Yelena. This is going to kill her. He was her best friend even in the Red Room.

"Are you ok Nat?" Bruce asked me softly as I just shook my head.

"How can I be ok?" I turned to face him. "I just watched the love of my life die. I have got to tell his best friend who happens to be my sister who was at the compound this whole time." Then something hit me. "She never got to say goodbye. She never got to say goodbye. Oh god she's gonna hate us for benching her."

"Hey Nat. Calm down for me. I need you to calm down." He said as he held my shoulders. I couldn't calm down as I just broke down. It wasn't until Wanda walked over and pulled me to her. She held me as I cried. I cried for her brother, my love. I wanted so badly to wake up and this to be a nightmare but it wasn't. It all happened. He died saving the world and most of the world won't even remember him.

"It's going to be ok Nat." Wanda whispered in my ear. I sighed knowing that she is right. It will be ok in time. Right now isn't the time for me to mourn. We still have to finish the mission. We still need to destroy the stones and then when we go home we can all mourn in our own way.

"This wasn't supposed to be like this." I whispered as Wanda rubbed up and down my back soothingly.

"I know." She whispered.

"He was supposed to be alive. He was supposed to spend his life with me saving the world from anything that posed as a threat." I said as I pulled away from her.

"I know Nat. But he wants you to be happy. He protected the both of us. He died so we could live. So everyone could live." She told me. "Do I hate that I have lost my brother for the second time. Yes I do. I lost both Y/N and Pietro. Y/N twice. But you are my family. You and Yelena are my family. My sisters. The Avengers are a family. That is what Y/N used to say." I nodded knowing she is right.

Once the stone was extracted, Wanda took them to an open field to destroy them all. I could see it took a lot for her to do it. But luckily Vision was there to help her up and back to the jet. Bruce and Sam carried Y/N onto the jet. We were taking him home to be buried.

When we arrived at the compound everyone was quiet. Bruce, Wanda and I walked as Y/N was took to the med bay to be cleaned up.

Yelena's pov

I watched as everyone arrived in silence. Even Steve. I was worried when I never saw Nat, Y/N, Wanda and Bruce come through. It was Vision who approached me.

"You need to go to the med bay." He told me softly

"Why, is Nat hurt?" I asked him as he gave me a sad smile.

"No but she will need you. Both Nat and Wanda." He told me before he stepped away to Pepper. We were still waiting on Tony, Peter and Dr Strange to arrive too.

When I arrived at the med bay, my heart dropped as I saw Nat and Wanda cleaning Y/N up. I couldn't understand what was happening.

"Is he going to be ok?" I asked as I approached his bedside. I saw that he was grey and no one was working to help him. "Bruce you have to do something. You need to save him." I asked the scientist who had tears of his own. "Please. He can't be gone. He can't be." I said as I looked between them all. "NO! PLEASE! JUST DO SOMETHING BRUCE. GET CHO JUST DON'T LET HIM DIE." I screamed as I approached Bruce. "I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't get to tell him how much he means to me." I cried as Nat just held me. I gripped her arm as I tried to fight her grip. I tried with all of my might but she just held me as her own tears fell down her face. "I didn't get to say goodbye." I cried as I stopped fighting Nat as she held me in her arms. Everyone was stood by the door with tears of their own as they watched how broken we became from losing someone who was only in their lives for a year. One year was all it took for Y/N to turn most of their opinions of him. They all realised that he was a loving brother, friend and partner. He was the bravest of the brave who sacrificed a lot in his life for those of us who he loved the most. Especially Wanda. His little dove who he spoke about daily in the Red Room. Her and Pietro.

AN

It's truly coming to an end guys. Please let me know what you think.