Chapter 20

Wanda's pov

Today was the day of the funeral. A day I was not ready for. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Y/N again. I just wasn't.

"Are you ready kid?" Clint asked as he stood in my doorway. I was looking at the picture of Y/N, Pietro and I from when we were kids before the bombing.

"No." I whispered sadly. I didn't want to say much more because I know I wouldn't be able to keep my emotions in control because my emotions are linked to my powers.

"You control your powers. They don't control you." I heard Y/N's voice in my head as I took a deep breath. I stood up and placed the picture back on my nightstand.

I followed Clint outside. Tony decided that he would build a tomb on the grounds for the heroes that fall. Y/N being the first one to be laid to rest their. I joined Nat and Yelena as Nat wrapped her arm around my waist.

We all watched as Tony, Bruce, Sam, Bucky, Peter and Steve carried his coffin to the tomb. We listened as the minister said his words and phrases from the bible before he asked for some of us to say our pieces. I watched as Yelena was the first to head up.

"Y/N and I met in the Red Room. He was supposed to be the new and improved Red Guardian. He was supposed to be stronger with the enhanced super soldier serum. But even through all of the torture and experiments, he still managed to be his usual goofy self." She sniffled before she continued. "He would tell me stories of his childhood with Wanda and Pietro. He would smile whenever he spoke about times before they lost their parents. He truly was the bravest man I had ever had the pleasure of knowing and call my best friend. I am going to miss you so much Y/N." She said shakily before she came back to stand in her spot beside Nat as I walked up to talk.

"Y/N was my hero long before we lost our parents. He used to comfort me whenever I had a nightmare. He would protect me no matter how silly it was. I used to be frightened thinking that Rasputin from Anastacia would come for me and he would stay with me and be my protector." I smiled at the memories of our past. "He uh he protected me all through our time at the orphanage and even after he was taken from us. He still protected me. I cried for over a month when I knew that he was still alive after I had thought for many years that he had died. I had recently lost my twin and found out that he was still alive and kicking ass." I said with a chuckle. "He was my biggest supporter. He never thought I was a freak with powers. He called us all freaks here. A family of freaks. And that is what we are. A family in mourning." I finished as I made my way back to my spot beside Nat who then stepped up. She took a shaky breath before she could look ahead.

"Y/N died a hero. He saved all of us from a darker fate." She held back a sob. "He saved me. I was cold and closed off until I met him. It was like he was the missing piece. My missing piece. The one who opened my heart to feel more. When I was with him, I fell in love with him and the world became a beautiful place." She said as she took a shaky breath. "I just wish that we had longer. We should have had longer but you saved us all. You didn't give in until you made sure that the mission was complete. You pushed through all of the pain and fatigue that consumed your body and fought til the very end. Y/N Maximoff will always be a hero to everyone. We will make sure that everyone knows your sacrifice. I will always love you My Hero." She said as she let the tears fall. We all stood together as we watched Y/N's coffin go inside the tomb.

Nat's pov

One by one everyone headed back inside. I couldn't move myself from my spot. I didn't want to leave Y/N. I stood before his plot and looked at the coffin.

"I promise I will keep fighting and make this world a safe place for the future generations and I will be there for Wanda and Yelena. I will keep them both safe. Until we meet again in another lifetime my love." I said before I turned away and walked back to everyone else. Both Wanda and Yelena waited for me to walk back with them.

I know that I will be ok in time.
I have my family with me and my guardian angel above.

AN

The end of my first Nat book guys. Wow it was a hell of a journey. Please let me know if you enjoyed it.