JaCkSoN WaNg

Y/N sat in her bed. Her eyes wide open and red and swollen as tears streamed down her face. It's been a week since that phone call she had gotten from Hoseok. A week since he told her the words she had never expected from him. A week since he broke her heart.

One week, and she was still dreaming about it and waking up shaking and crying.

It was bad enough that Hoseok didn't want to see her anymore, but what made it even worse was that she didn't understand why. What had happened? They were happy. Was he not?

Everything had seemed so perfect. Had Hoseok given any signs? Could she have been so blind to not see them?

Y/N laid back down and curled into a ball with her blanket in her arms.

She knew she shouldn't do this. She should try to get it out of her head, to not think about it. But as she tried to fall asleep again, she thought about that last phone call with Hoseok. That last time they have spoken.

"Y/N..." Hoseok's voice sounded tired. Not like he was physically out of breath from something, but like he was mentally drained.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked him right away. There was a moment of silence, which had Y/N worrying. Hoseok wasn't usually like this. Even when he was tired or upset about something, he talked about it. Especially when he called her. He wouldn't have called if he didn't want to talk in the first place.

"Hoseok?"

"Y/N... I'm sorry." He breathed out. Y/N's heartbeat doubled its pace at his words. Something was very wrong, and Y/N had a feeling it had something to with her and that it wasn't easily fixable.

"What's wrong?" Y/N forced herself to ask, even though she didn't want to. She didn't know the answer yet, but she knew she didn't want to hear it.

"We are." Another moment of silence.

We are. Y/N tried to process his words. We are. Him and her. Hoseok and Y/N. They were wrong. Was that what he was saying?

Y/N tried to ask him about it, but her lips were already trembling, and she didn't manage to form any words. She just shook her head, being aware of where this conversation would lead them by now.

"Y/N-"

"Don't!" she whispered. The first tear had left her eyes as she spoke.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry-"

"I said don't!" Y/n choked out. "I don't want to hear it." She screamed into the phone. Her voice was breaking. Her cheeks were wet. Her hands were shaking. And she knew the man she loved with all her heart was about to leave her.

"But I have to say it." Was all he answered. His voice was barely a whisper as well, but his words were still clear.

But she knew. Y/N knew he didn't want this. His choice of words, the tone he used, the hesitation. All of it made it obvious. There was something making Hoseok doing this. Whether it came from himself or from an extraneous influence, Y/N had no idea.

But it was not Hoseok who was breaking up with her.

"Then come here." Y/N's voice got stable again. Her hands stopped shaking.

She would not accept this. Not like this. "Come here, and look into my eyes when you tell me..." She hesitated. "When you tell me, whatever you want to tell me."

Y/N couldn't bring herself to say it.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. This just isn't working. Let's end this."